Gellux clear base/top coat brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBP_Khloe

Reaction score
Does anyone else's Gellux clear base/top coat brush harden after only using several times?
This is the second bottle I've had and the brush has gone so stiff?
Am I doing something wrong? Help!!
Xx

I'm not familiar with Gellux, but I'm assuming it's a gel polish? Are you using it in direct sunlight? That could cause your brush to harden if you're exposing it to sun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've used loads of clear base/tops coats and no never had this, can only assume you are using in sunlight or some other led light source? x

I never use it in sunlight and just can't work out what I'm doing wrong as the colour gel brushes never do this. I'll get a 3rd bottle, apply it not so close to the lamp and hope for the best. Thanks for all your replies and help xXx

Yes this happened to me. So much so I ditched the brand altogether. You have to soak it in acetone to remove the stiff gel. Don't like gellux a great deal due to all the little niggles that come with it.

I had this when I irst opened my bottle. Happened only a few times, and was on the tip, was as if it had set, so I could actually pick it off. Was when I was setting gems and using it lots for careful work if you know what I mean.
iv not had this happen in weeks now though...this thread just reminded me of it!
Weird. Not sure what the deal is. Never used nr sunlight or LED lighting. .stumped!!

Yes it's literally set on the brush! How annoying. Thanks for the tip to soak it in acetone! I'll try that today. Im even thinking to buy the base and top coat separately to see if I get on better with them.
Thank you xx

I had this happen lots so I ditched the brand to and have gone with a better one!!

INK, INK, INK. Ink nails all the way. They are so helpful. And their products are both good and cost effective. Take a little braking in to the brand but after a few sets you will love it.http://www.inknails.com

Thank you for your tips and advice everyone :) Xx

Latest posts

Back