Gellux easy off base coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwoody

Reaction score
Hi I used this for first time, what a disaster, when wiped final layer, some of the colour came off the side walls, I had to redo them, :(((

I've never had this problem?
I would say its possibly that you didn't get right to the edge with your top coat or it didnt cure properly? X

But then my next client went back to the base/top coat no problems ! Maybe consistency a little different, perhaps I will have another go onto nails before s client again ! Do you find it is a lot easier to remove?

Hi the base coat is not causing that, it's the top coat, you must make sure you cover all the colour coats, think of a sandwich, base, then colour x 2 then the top coat, making sure full coverage and goes over the edge of the colour, what is happening if you don't is your removing some off the sticky from the colour layer not just the topcoat when wiping and there is some colour in the sticky so shows on your wipe, if fully covered you won't get this.

Make sure you ave a good light and check from all angles that your colour is full coated.

I use shellac and also gellux so know its not the base :)

Hi the base coat is not causing that, it's the top coat, you must make sure you cover all the colour coats, think of a sandwich, base, then colour x 2 then the top coat, making sure full coverage and goes over the edge of the colour, what is happening if you don't is your removing some off the sticky from the colour layer not just the topcoat when wiping and there is some colour in the sticky so shows on your wipe, if fully covered you won't get this.

Make sure you ave a good light and check from all angles that your colour is full coated.

I use shellac and also gellux so know its not the base :)

^^^what she said!!
It's not the base hon.
The consistency is slightly different between the easy off and normal but that wouldn't cause this.
And yes, removal is soooo much quicker!! X

Ok thanks, it's just it never happened before, and I've used it since it was first launched, so assumed it must be base, ( it was just one if those days!)

Is this easier to remove? I'm having to scrap of gellux???

Latest posts

Back