Gellux problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwoody

Reaction score
Hi, I have been trained in gellux and used it since first launched , does any one else find they have trouble with random colours curing properly, and shrinking away from sides of nails???thinking of changing but not sure to what???

If u have a quick search a few people have had this problem but from what i have read, its not uncomon for different coloured gel polishes to need thinner but more coats to get a good coverage x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

We were having problems like u r, after bottles and bottles being sent off for testing and a few unhappy customers, my boss got refunded £50+ for them as they were faulty, we switched to ibd just gel and love it, and had mo problems xx

Hi I find I'm having problems with poppy red not curing properly, after I cured I still get tints of colour on my topcoat brush, would be interested to know what over colours people are having problems with xx

It's just embarrassing having some cure properly and some not , and possible loss of clients!! Even when they are thin and I do 3 layers it still comes away from sides , yet others are fab!!! Oh what to do ???

In truth im off work at present so havent brought any latley but if your having problems why not do what mommabear did.
Got me worried now. Hope they get this resolved because i dont want to have to invest in a new system as I do like gellux. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm having problems with a few too! Also I have learned from research that if your sat in a hot room ie a conservatory in the summer the gel cures on the brush! Really awkward! I'm looking into gelish ATM as heard they are good and they have a lot of colour choices!x

I too are having problems with the gellux, shrinking at side walls as already mentioned but seem to spend an absolute age trying to remove it and even if I use Heat, I still find I am having to scrape to remove. All a bit brutal for my liking.I have used the new top coat and do buff polish off before removal solution applied. I am booked on to the CND course this month. I have picked this over gelish as only need to do a 'conversion' of a half day, I also feel that with CND clients recognise it easily.

When I done the gellux course we was told that some colours do come off on top coat brush mainly reds and pinks. She just told us to wipe brush with prep n wipe before putting back in bottle.

With shrinking we was told some colours shrink on the nail before curing, so curing 1 or 2 nails at a time can help stop this on first coat.

HTH x

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

I had exactly same problem last week I was applying glitter Gellux and the brush went rock hard and snapped due to the sun shining in I had to finish the other foot with a manicure stick then I used top coat same thing brush went rock hard I had to use my art brushes to finish the application, was so embarrassing and annoying as the treatment cost me more having to replace the Gellux and topcoat I'd lost :sad: xx

Mine half went solid yesterday but I'm hoping if I soak it in the remover it'll be okay! If not I'm reporting the problem as its a brand new bottle of top coat and won't be happy if I have to buy another new one! But I had to ask my client to move to another room as the sunlight was causing a problem! Felt so silly asking!

It's a common problem but very easily solved, don't use gellux in direct sunlight.
It's Uv cured gel polish, so avoid strong uv light.
I have voile curtains up in my conservatory and never have a problem now x

Latest posts

Back