Gellux, reviews please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarplumdavy

Reaction score
Hi...I use gellish which I love, but I'm liking the look of the Gellux colours, just wondering how it compares to gellish? Thank you x

I used it a few years ago & it was great to apply, nice solid colour coverage but I found it's a nightmare to remove from natural nails. I still have some colours which I use I've extensions

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I used it a few years ago & it was great to apply, nice solid colour coverage but I found it's a nightmare to remove from natural nails. I still have some colours which I use I've extensions

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app
Thank you....any more reviews please?x

Hi. I'm using gellux and love it until it comes to removal. I'm having terrible trouble removing so would love to hear other people's comments too x

Love it, hate removing it though

I love it and I don't have a problem with removal. Wish they had a yellow x

Hi sorry to hijack the thread but beauty bits, would you mind running us through your removal technique please? X

No probs, first when applying you need to make sure that your base coat is thin, one dip and wipe one side of the brush and that will do 5 nails.

I lightly file but with a course grit. I use hairdressing foil as it's thick and pre cut, one ball of cotton wool is enough for all nails. Pull into pieces, soak in remover, make sure it's covering all if the nail, wrap and fold the foil up at the top to make sure the cotton wool stays in contact with the nail. Wheat bag (only slightly warm) or warm towel, fingers on it. After 12 mins from wrapping the first nail apply light pressure and wiggle foil off like removing polish, should be all flakey and lifting, gently push off with wooden cuticle pusher and move onto next nail.

I find that with no warmth it does not want to come off x

That's great thank you. From what you've said. I suspect my base coat may be too thick, although I do try not to. I will try harder next time and see what happens. Thanks again for taking time to reply.

No worries, hope it makes removal easier for you :) x

No probs, first when applying you need to make sure that your base coat is thin, one dip and wipe one side of the brush and that will do 5 nails.

I lightly file but with a course grit. I use hairdressing foil as it's thick and pre cut, one ball of cotton wool is enough for all nails. Pull into pieces, soak in remover, make sure it's covering all if the nail, wrap and fold the foil up at the top to make sure the cotton wool stays in contact with the nail. Wheat bag (only slightly warm) or warm towel, fingers on it. After 12 mins from wrapping the first nail apply light pressure and wiggle foil off like removing polish, should be all flakey and lifting, gently push off with wooden cuticle pusher and move onto next nail.

I find that with no warmth it does not want to come off x

Do you use the top/base in one or the separate easy off basecoat and topcoat?

I use the easy off base coat, I was sooo thankful when it came out ;) x

I find gellux great! Have a few problems with some colours being a bit patchy. But they all remove well :) x

Think I need to invest in the easy off base as I've just got the 2 in 1 which came in the starter kit. Thank you x

I use the easy off base coat, I was sooo thankful when it came out ;) x

Do you need to use the easy off with the separate topcoat or could I use it and finish up my top/base just as a topcoat?

Yes You can use use the top/base coat as top coat, it doesn't make any difference as it's the top coat that you buff. I don't really find any difference with the new top coat x

Latest posts

Back