Gel's after Acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeousnails

Reaction score
I have a client this weekend who has had acrylics on her nails for ages now. I know the place she has her nails done (prior to me!) and I went there for a while and they electric file them to death.

She has just told me she has picked the nails off! and they are ridged underneath. I have given her orders not to bite her natural nails.

But I am worried now that my nails that I do wont last very long, I'm new to all this and have no experience in doing gel (or any overlay) on ridged nails.

Any advice as I don't want them to fall off? I'm using Magnetic products, so I know that the product is good.

Any help appreciated!

Angel.

Your potential problem is that for a good stable enhancement you really need a good stable foundation and if that's been drilled to death it'll mean that it won't hold an enhancement as well as if it were naturally healthy.

It might be a good idea to offer this client regular manicures until the damage has grown out, that way you'll have a good foundation in which to build your enhancement on.

hth's

:hug:

thanks for that, I would suggest manicures and treatments but she wants extensions for holiday next week.
What if I sculpted them? would that be a good idea considering tips might pop off??? the gel is self leveling?

If you're applying your product to an unhealthy foundation (ie nail) then the chances of it staying adhered for the regular amount of time is minimal, by all means do it and have a try BUT let her know that she could have problems to which you won't be held accountable for.

If you do them then make sure you do them shortish without too much free edge for her to lever them on.

Thanks alot for the advise.

I will speak to her and explain the situation. Might get her to apply cuticle oil and keep them as healthy as possible (lol... under the circumstances!)

Latest posts

Back