Gels that don't self level?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanfastic

Reaction score
Hi there Geeks, I have had enough of these self levelling Buff Off gels. I think that Brisa does not self level but I am not in the position financially to do the conversion course and get the CND lamp, are there others that dont self level? I would love to try one to see if I am just being useless or if it is the product I am using that is useless.LOL

I don't get much call for Gel extensions as my demographic seems to be all L&P but on the odd one I would love for them go on a bit easier without loads of filing and shaping. They always seem to look great and I dont get any lifting or breaks but I just get frustrated with the gel flowing too much.

Being mobile I cant really keep them in the fridge, or can I , how long before the treatmetn do you need to remove them from the fridge, I think I got this tip on here when we had all that stupidly hot weather.

Hope someone can help.

PS. I did a search but couldn't find anything as it is a difficult question to phrase for searching purposes

Just in case you didn't know, the conversion course comes with the lamp & a load of products, if you're not doing many clients with Gel, you may not have to purchase anything extra... I think the value of the kit you get is just over the cost of the conversion course.

Just in case you didn't know, the conversion course comes with the lamp & a load of products, if you're not doing many clients with Gel, you may not have to purchase anything extra... I think the value of the kit you get is just over the cost of the conversion course.

Yes I was going to say the same. Honestly if you can scrape together enough for the course you're there! Plus what if you fork out £150-200 on some other gel course them decide you want to try Brisa? Just a thought hon xx

Yes thanks I was aware of the fact but have overstretched myself at the wrong time finacially,two cars needed insurance renewed ( not cheap), both needed Road Tax as well ( even less cheap) Mum needing an operation ( eeek) spending out even more money on my business premises in the hope of opening before christmas, investing in a whole new Acrylic system, Olympia this month, blah blah blah, can you hear the violins in the background yet?

CND is certainly on my to do list as it seems like excellent value for money. I loved the retention+ trial kit I got so will also convert to the L&P when my bank balance is less sickly.

I have just called S2 to find out how much it will actually cost and waht it includes and was pleasantly surprised, not as much as I feared but still too much for me to rush ahead and book today. Top of my wishlist and a very do-able dream. I think I will treat myself to this early next year and in the meantime put my gels in the fridge or try out a non self levelling if anyone has any suggestions please

Last edited:
i use Young Nails Synergy Gels, i believe you can get a sample kit from YN.

they have a variety of gels from self leveling to non so you can surely get one that suits your needs.

i don't know what the contact details are in the UK but i'm sure if you do a search you will get them.

Have fun

I find if the product is cold it wont self level but if you warm it slightly it is easier to use.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using SalonGeek

Hi there Geeks, I have had enough of these self levelling Buff Off gels. I think that Brisa does not self level but I am not in the position financially to do the conversion course and get the CND lamp, are there others that dont self level? I would love to try one to see if I am just being useless or if it is the product I am using that is useless.LOL

I don't get much call for Gel extensions as my demographic seems to be all L&P but on the odd one I would love for them go on a bit easier without loads of filing and shaping. They always seem to look great and I dont get any lifting or breaks but I just get frustrated with the gel flowing too much.

Being mobile I cant really keep them in the fridge, or can I , how long before the treatmetn do you need to remove them from the fridge, I think I got this tip on here when we had all that stupidly hot weather.

Hope someone can help.

PS. I did a search but couldn't find anything as it is a difficult question to phrase for searching purposes

I find that Brisa stays where you put it but but it still levels out a bit too (the surface) so you create your lovely shape and after curing there is very little filing to do as it is still quite smooth. What I trying to say is it's the best of both and it really does stay where you put it.
. When you get round to it you will love it trust me!!!

E x

Hope someone can help.

Brisa is self leveling. It's just that it is a thicker gel and not as runny as most!

Thanks for your replies, I have something to think about now. LOL. I will have a look at the ones suggested and in the meantime save up for the CND courses. I might try to pop my current product in the fridge for a bit to see if it more controllable.
I appreciate you geeks taking the time to reply:biggrin:

Thanks for your replies, I have something to think about now. LOL. I will have a look at the ones suggested and in the meantime save up for the CND courses. I might try to pop my current product in the fridge for a bit to see if it more controllable.
I appreciate you geeks taking the time to reply:biggrin:

Hi, what gel are you using at the moment?
Have you tried NSI balance gels? They're a dream to work with plus you can get an affordable trial pack to see how you get on with it. Why not give NSI a call as they're very helpful plus you have the free tutorials on nail angel so you can see exactly how you need to apply.
HTH xx

Hi, what gel are you using at the moment?
Have you tried NSI balance gels? They're a dream to work with plus you can get an affordable trial pack to see how you get on with it. Why not give NSI a call as they're very helpful plus you have the free tutorials on nail angel so you can see exactly how you need to apply.
HTH xx

Funny you should say that, I have just filled in my Olympia flyer that came offering a free trial pack to collect at the show or to post off. I hsave recently changed to NSI Attraction L&P and it is so much better than the precious one I was using.

Latest posts

Back