Gems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlea79

Reaction score
Hi

Was wondering what everyone used to stick on gems. Structure gel or glue? Which have u found to be the best?

Hi
I just cure it in a shed loads of topcoat so its kind of encapsulated really, and they go nowhere.

Apparently a bead of acrylic works well, although I haven't tried this personally! :rolleyes:

I embed them into the gel and then finish with a topcoat and they last forever! :)

Ive used a bead of acrylic for embellishments before but not gems!

I use my nail adhesive. I have 2 girls who work in pubs so their nails get a beating and they say they last really well. They usually still have them in when they come for refills.

I once tried to stick them on with adhesive, when I painted the topcoat over they seemed lovely but a couple of days later the topcoat had lifted around them and they looked a mess, so now I just stick them on with sculpture gel & haven't had any problems with them lasting :)

I use my nail adhesive. I have 2 girls who work in pubs so their nails get a beating and they say they last really well. They usually still have them in when they come for refills.

Do you cure the top coat then use the adhesive to glue them on, or do you top coat over?

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always apply to top layer of colour gel, cure then apply a thin layer of clear gel and cure. Always still on clients fingers after 3-4 weeks :)

Do you cure the top coat then use the adhesive to glue them on, or do you top coat over?

I cure the top coat, wipe of inhibition layer then glue them on.

I cure the top coat, wipe of inhibition layer then glue them on.

Thanks. Think I'm going to give that a try!

Latest posts

Back