Gemstones.....grrr

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenorcutie

CND EA
Reaction score
hi folks!
today i have spent my entire day pinging gems across the shop floor whilst trying to apply them to peoples nails!
How do you guys apply them? at the moment im using (or trying to) use my finger. but i just cant grab the blighters!

All hints and tips appreciated!

hi hun, I use a cocktail stick ;0) i dab it on a wet cotton pad so the gem will pick up :)

Hi, I have an NSI pickerupper (made for picking up rhinestones) which I bought years ago which works well and also a manicure stick with a tiny bit of blutak on the end works really well. Good luck HTH's x

oh these both sound like much better ideas! Better than my sausage fingers anyway!!

Will give them a whirl, thanks!!!!

I either use a cocktail stick with bluetak or tweezers. X

Damp cocktail stick works a treat!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I would use an orange wood stick (I find cocktail sticks a bit too fiddly :))

You can pop a little bit of blue tack on the end as Leely has said, or the way I do it, is apply a teeny dot of gel to the end and pick them up that way.

I can just imagine you trying to pick them up with your fingers... no wonder they were pinging all over the floor.

honestly, it was rediculous! You'd think common sense would have prevailed at some point but no!

I use my dotting tool dipped in a tiny bit of top coat to help pick them up

I have some very fine tweezers with a bent head which are great :0)

I use an old pair of Silk Scissors & I dip the end of them into Base/Top coat then pick up the Gems works for me 😊

There are lots of options rhinestone pickers or tweezers are the most popular options after the orangewood stick

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

WAX PENCILS. Fantastic.

Type in the ebay search bar: "2 x White Rhinestones / Beads / Gems Picker Pens"

That's what I've got and I tells ya they've never failed me. No wastage of topcoat, no fiddly cocktail sticks, just press and they're on the end, then pop them onto the nail. When the wax starts to get coated in glue or whatever you're putting the gems in, just sharpen it again and it's good as new.

I swear by these babies, honestly. Life savers.

WAX PENCILS. Fantastic.

Type in the ebay search bar: "2 x White Rhinestones / Beads / Gems Picker Pens"

That's what I've got and I tells ya they've never failed me. No wastage of topcoat, no fiddly cocktail sticks, just press and they're on the end, then pop them onto the nail. When the wax starts to get coated in glue or whatever you're putting the gems in, just sharpen it again and it's good as new.

I swear by these babies, honestly. Life savers.

THIS - Life saver for sure! :) They're a bugger to sharpen though!

I use a toothpick and i never have a problem. Also since im applying on acrylic i file a tiny groove to place it in w nail glue so they will not fall off. My clients come back after 3 and 4 weeks and their still on.

I use my dotting tool, just moisten the end of it with a little water and you are good to go!

Latest posts

Back