Gent's infection behind ear!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayleehollie

Reaction score
Just had a gent in that had awful crusty green behind his ear, he said it is where he wears his hearing aid and it isn't sore,I cut the back and top for him but steered clear of ears, I told him to see a gp because it may be an infection! Has anybody had the same experience and also I don't like to assume but I don't think he will go to gp so what do I do if he comes back in 5 weeks and it's still there!?
Thanks x

I'm not a hairdresser, but I think you did the right thing in steering clear. The last thing you want is to accidently disturb the infection (which it appears to be) and make it worse.

Yup, crusty and green is an infection. Hope you sterilised everything straight away. I might have been inclined to not do the cut to avoid any contamination.

was it pale yellow/green (which is probably infection) or a brighter green ( which maybe some kind of reaction e.g like the colour that would come of copper?? Still seems a bit rough that he hadn't cleaned it before coming to have his haircut. You did well to steer clear I think.:eek:

Thanks well he was an old boy and I felt really bad, sterilised everything after and wore gloves while cutting, it was quite dark green actually, never really seen anything like it before! Hope when he comes back he has got it sorted but I got a bad feeling... If its still there I think I will refuse to do it!
Thanks everyone tho x

Was just nearly sick in my mouth reading this.

Ive had the odd gent with not the cleanest of ears but never anything green.

Put me off my boost now! :-/

Oh yeeeaaahhh, i used to do an old boy who had mould behind his ears from his glasses and aids! no infection or broken skin, just poor hygiene!!! x

Oh yeeeaaahhh, i used to do an old boy who had mould behind his ears from his glasses and aids! no infection or broken skin, just poor hygiene!!! x
Yep I've had plenty of gents like this! And it's no Infection just don't wash!! :(

Latest posts

Back