Getting a bit sick of these texts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Hi geeks, This is getting a bit boring now with these 'kind' of texts.

Just had one today, hi I'd like a tan but I'm a bit shy, so I tried to phone the client with no answer, then they text sorry im working cant answer, so i ended up sending a text back, (at this point I didn't know if it was a male or female)

Hi, no need to be shy most of my clients usually are at there first appointment, no need to worry, if you have any more questions please give me a call & i will be happy to help. Thanks - Danielle.

kept it basic to the point, i get a text back saying - would you be bothered if I got turned on? So I just didnt reply, then another text, are you horny? Then he text saying his name asking me what i looked like, then about 5 more texts one after the other :eek:

so I text back please don't text my phone again, i run a professional spray tanning business & I will not engage in such behaviour, if you persist to text my phone I shall have no choice but to pass your number to the police.

No reply since!

Had the same a few weeks ago from a different number asking me what size boobs I had?! Felt like texting back F OFF but obvs didn't, just replied back - please do not text my phone again.

Also Xmas time I had the same kind of creepy texts. (Always diff numbers so probably not related)

What do you do??

My husband obviously isn't happy with these texts & I do usually treat male clients as & when they book, as I know there are plenty of genuine guys, but why do the c0cks have to ruin it?

How do you deal with this type of thing? X

I would just ignore these kind of text messages. Most of the time they are just timewasters and probably have no intention of ever showing up. If i ever get a text that sounds in way weird or inappropriate I just programme the number under IGNORE and never answer or reply, they usually get the message and move on..
The problem is that you can get a sim card for £1, so its easy for these people to switch numbers..

So my advice is to ignore them...

Jack

I would just ignore these kind of text messages. Most of the time they are just timewasters and probably have no intention of ever showing up. If i ever get a text that sounds in way weird or inappropriate I just programme the number under IGNORE and never answer or reply, they usually get the message and move on..
The problem is that you can get a sim card for £1, so its easy for these people to switch numbers..

So my advice is to ignore them...

Jack

Thanks for your reply jack, i shall just ignore in future, I was ignoring this guy until he sent me 8 texts in the space of 30 minutes :eek: so just to make him stop i threatened him with the police if he was to continue, he hasn't text since so hopefully it's done the job. x

I would be reviewing where I am advertising my number if I was getting that many weird calls & texts.

I have NEVER had any texts like this & would be seriously thinking about what it is about your adverts that attracting these people to contact you.

I know that advertising massage can attract these type of caller/texter. Do you advertise massage in the same places as spray tans?

I know we will all encounter these 'odd people' but I think you seem to be attracting more than your fair share of them.

Maybe you could change the wording of your adverts or possibly change where your advertising to see if you get less of these type calls/texts.

I would be reviewing where I am advertising my number if I was getting that many weird calls & texts.

I have NEVER had any texts like this & would be seriously thinking about what it is about your adverts that attracting these people to contact you.

I know that advertising massage can attract these type of caller/texter. Do you advertise massage in the same places as spray tans?

I know we will all encounter these 'odd people' but I think you seem to be attracting more than your fair share of them.

Maybe you could change the wording of your adverts or possibly change where your advertising to see if you get less of these type calls/texts.

I advertise on Facebook only & have my website & have leaflets in local shop windows / posted through people's doors, I don't offer anything but tanning so no massage etc.. my adverts aren't seedy looking lol just nice & professional, basic & to the point that I'm fully qualified & insured with the price & my contact number / facebook page & website details.

I must just be a weirdo magnet :eek: x

This sounds awful.maybe have a cheap pay as u go as a business number and keep ur personal 1 private.:D

Mmmm I don't know then Lush, I suppose you need to decide for yourself if these texts/calls are worth the hassle or not.

If you think not, then maybe you could collect your posters from a few shop windows (after looking at who frequent/pass/hang around those shops) and see if you start to get less of a weirdo response without losing too much actual custom.

I doubt you will get many if any weirdo calls from facebook - I don't but the shop windows could be the issue. Could be teenagers.drunks hanging about outside bored and then texting ur number for a laugh etc..

This sounds awful.maybe have a cheap pay as u go as a business number and keep ur personal 1 private.:D

I already do exactly this, I never mix work & personal x

Mmmm I don't know then Lush, I suppose you need to decide for yourself if these texts/calls are worth the hassle or not.

If you think not, then maybe you could collect your posters from a few shop windows (after looking at who frequent/pass/hang around those shops) and see if you start to get less of a weirdo response without losing too much actual custom.

I doubt you will get many if any weirdo calls from facebook - I don't but the shop windows could be the issue. Could be teenagers.drunks hanging about outside bored and then texting ur number for a laugh etc..

Thanks BB, will just ignore anything like this in future, I always quickly ring clients to give pre tan info when they book bcos you don't know who's going to turn up so gives me a minute to get a feel for them on the phone before I meet them x

If it's any consolation, I've had my share of weird. I get a few, then nothing. I do attract them - just lucky I guess (!). I do beauty and have had aromatherapy requests from men, but when I call them back to check number and confirm booking they claim they know nothing about it. Maybe kids doing it for the crack - so funny!!! Just grit your teeth - I do think shop window may be the culprit tho!!! Sounds like you're dealing with it well! Hope that helps x

Things like this put me off using a phone for business :/ creeps me out !

You've done exactly what I would do hun.

Do you get any genuine clients from shop windows? I should think that's where you're getting it from.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back