Getting blue out of bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faerififi

Reaction score
I've got short hair thats been bleached all over so I could put in semi crazy colours.
Now getting a bit bored of them but I know I won't be able to bleach the blue out because it will more than likely going a nasty green yellow colour. Also have half inch of roots that I want to keep so was ideally wanting to get back to a white blonde with roots and just let it grow out.
I had some leftover rusk elimin8 and although i know its meant for permanent colours really its done a fair job of fading a lot of blue out, except its now light grey green blue in colour. Thats not what bothers me its more the patchiness as some places have lightened more than others.
If im not going to be able to get back to blonde i dont mind going a natural colour, my roots are between a 3-4 but i wouldnt mind being a bit lighter even if they will show through. Any advice on ways to counteract the blue using semi perm natural colours? thanks

Use the opposite on the shade chart. Palest orage based toner. In Redken shades EQ it would be 9aa. Or any copperblonde toner will counter the blue. Won't make you platinum blonde tho.
Could you not do a bleach clean? Blue pigments are pretty volatile and come out quite quick.

i tried but as it was a turquoise based blue its only been able to lift to a pale shade of green at the most and i wasnt keen to leave it on too long as my hair can take a fair amount of colouring but gets very frizzy after bleach even if its just a bath.
I did a number of strand tests with bleach, orange toners and orange toned brown semis and i think the blue was just a bit too strong to cover without still going greenish.

I did the dirty and went black as a last resort, probably not the best colour to do but its now a normal shade i.e i can go out and not get stared at all the time :p and just think im going to leave it for at least a couple of months.

thanks for your help :)

I've got short hair thats been bleached all over so I could put in semi crazy colours.
Now getting a bit bored of them but I know I won't be able to bleach the blue out because it will more than likely going a nasty green yellow colour. Also have half inch of roots that I want to keep so was ideally wanting to get back to a white blonde with roots and just let it grow out.
I had some leftover rusk elimin8 and although i know its meant for permanent colours really its done a fair job of fading a lot of blue out, except its now light grey green blue in colour. Thats not what bothers me its more the patchiness as some places have lightened more than others.
If im not going to be able to get back to blonde i dont mind going a natural colour, my roots are between a 3-4 but i wouldnt mind being a bit lighter even if they will show through. Any advice on ways to counteract the blue using semi perm natural colours? thanks

Use your colour wheel :)

Latest posts

Back