Getting frustrated! Micro rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola's

Reaction score
Ok I'm getting so frustrated now [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I have recently just tried routes "tiny tip" extensions as I had a client with Very short hair and thought as it was short I would like to try and use the most discreet tips as poss. (I usually use prestige normal I tips)

I fitted a full head of micro rings (none silicone) however she has had a few of them slip. I do think it's down to brushing however as she is local so tend to nip down to pop them back in.

This is getting quite frequent so I suggested we maybe best using silicone rings for better grip.

Now.....
I spoke to viola who recommended 4.5mm for these particular tips. Rings came and I could barely get the strand through the hole.

So again I order the next size up (5mm) and yet again they have been delivered and the strands still barely fit through. I know they won't fit along with her own hair in.

I'm literally at my wits end and have about 23736272 bloody rings here that are no good.

Would anyone be so kind to suggest anything? Xx

If you want to keep them discreet, hence trying to use a smaller tip and ring then you could try re-rolling the tips to make them smaller.

Ok I'm getting so frustrated now [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I have recently just tried routes "tiny tip" extensions as I had a client with Very short hair and thought as it was short I would like to try and use the most discreet tips as poss. (I usually use prestige normal I tips)

I fitted a full head of micro rings (none silicone) however she has had a few of them slip. I do think it's down to brushing however as she is local so tend to nip down to pop them back in.

This is getting quite frequent so I suggested we maybe best using silicone rings for better grip.

Now.....
I spoke to viola who recommended 4.5mm for these particular tips. Rings came and I could barely get the strand through the hole.

So again I order the next size up (5mm) and yet again they have been delivered and the strands still barely fit through. I know they won't fit along with her own hair in.

I'm literally at my wits end and have about 23736272 bloody rings here that are no good.

Would anyone be so kind to suggest anything? Xx

Try prestige, they offer 6mm rings.

Hi can anyone recommend good quality hair extentions please

Latest posts

Back