getting logo made into a shop sign

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
How did you fellow geeks get it done? I am getting so stressed about this.

The company making my sign want a certain high res image, or certain dpi or a certain something or other... it all sounds like another language too mee! It so bl**dy annoying! The poor person who has designed my logo has done everything they have asked, i then send the logo which is changed, then get another respose about something else which needs changing. I feel like a right lemon emailing back and forth to this poor person- i know if it was me i was get so frustrated!

So my question is, how did you huys get ur logo made into a shop sign and was it simple or quite a long process? Just got so much to do as it is and starting to feel sorry for this poor person i am harassing due to just get one shop sign made, makes me not want a sign :irked:

Sorry it was meant to be a question but turned into a rant :/

Can you find out exactly what file type they need? I have a background in Digital media and it sounds like they want a high rez .eps file, this file type is standard for submitting logos etc where large scale re-sizing is required. An .eps file type will allow the image to be enlarged without effecting the image quality whereas a .jpg is a pixel based image that may not be suitable for this purpose.

I might be able to help you out if the image is simple in design :)

Decent signwriters should accept a file in any format (and be able to convert to whatever they need!). Larger firms may be more cost effective too.

As long as your image is 300dpi or more - and unless you've paid a deposit - I'd find another company to do it for you.

good luck! :hug:

The printer has actually had it as a vectored image, AND a bitmap in 300dpi and lots of other stuff besides!

As a rule of thumb Tickle (above) is right it needs to be a vector that can be resized to any size without losing resolution, and thats what the printer has had- it just goes to show, some companies are more lazy than others! :) printers are buggers for doing as little as possible!*

*except any printers who may be reading this :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyonee! Makes me feel better that it definately is not me getting it wrong now! Just takes the mick sometimes! Well still didn't get too far after bashing my head again a wall a few times haha and harassing the poor person who designed my logo i decided to go elsewhere!
And SURPRISE! they had not trouble instantly. Makes me wish i would stop giving certain people the benefit of the doubt and to just go with my instinct and go elsewhere. Well lesson learned! Thanks for all the help and understanding my ranting! :green:

Latest posts

Back