Getting more nail clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailswithmel

Reaction score
how did everyone build up their client base when they first started out in the nail business. I'm based at home and have only had about one person a week so far and would really like to get some more X

Have you got a Facebook page??? I found that has got me some clients and word of mouth [emoji106] x

How do you advertise/promote yourself?

Yes using my Facebook page and I also have an Instagram page. Still seems to be quite a slow start though with getting clients. I am thinking of doing a leaflet drop round my local areas X

Facebook works really well if you push it hard enough, I shared on my personal page and asked all of my friends and family to like and share at first.

I would then post on the local selling groups, local town pages etc with latest photos or my albums. It definitely generates a lot of new likes at least.

Also, make sure to post quite regularly to keep 'likers' interested - the more you engage the more likely you are to be seen.

I've just recently offered a free gel manicure as a competition making sure they share and like the page - this has worked really well and I've already had a couple new clients book in as well as enter the competition. Finishes Friday and has been quite fun seeing people enter :)

I wouldn't bother with a leaflet drop personally as there is so much junk nowadays I don't think anyone looks at it - persevere with Facebook though. It does work :D

Thank you I will persevere and hopefully get some more clients! I had two last week but now none this week so hoping my quiet period won't last long! Would just be nice to have appointments every week! X

Keep at it ! It took me a good year-18 months to build my client base, it doesn't happen over night unfortunately.
As above keep posting on your page use Instagram , Twitter etc you could go to some local events in your area to spread the word.
Word of mouth is definitely key so keep producing fabulous nails and you'll be busy in no time.
Be patient x

Yeah I have heard a lot of people say it can be a slow process! Hopefully things will pick up for me slowly! I will keep posting on Facebook and Instagram! X

Starting to feel frustrated, didn't have any clients last week and so far none booked for this week coming up. Any one else having a slow start? X

I started my mobile business in November 2015 and next week is the first week this year I don't have anyone booked in :(

I feel your pain! I've just had to relocate and leave behind my client base. Was in a big city and now in the country where I don't know anyone so really struggling to get off the ground again!

I feel the same Mel :( trained since October, mostly family on my books, I get excited when a new client books but very sad when they don't return. The past 3 weeks I've had 3 ladies, 2 of them family, I'm going all out giving a lovely service, a complimentary Solar oil, but it feels like I'm just not ever going to make it. Now I'm questioning my price, am I charging too much, the brain just won't rest. I underestimated this whole business idea.

I qualified almost a year ago and I'm just getting busier now but still not fully booked and I work part time. All my clients are regulars and I've had lots of new ones recently who have also rebooked. Just keep at it.

I am struggling too I have been going for almost a year and I only have a few regulars, I seem to get busy at the hols, Christmas etc but I just need more regulars, I am trained in CND Shellac and just done the Calgel training and practice lots and read loads, I use Facebook and Instagram but not really enough. I just get down when people don't come back regularly and I hope the Calgel will help with this?? I feel your pain too!!!! Let's hope things will pick up for us newbies!!!

Hopefully thinks will pick up for all of us! Think I am going to give a leaflet drop a go! I try to regularly post on Facebook and Instagram and I have paid for a Facebook advert but I don't want to keep having to pay for that if its not actually bringing me any clients! I know a lot of people say it's a slow start so I guess we should all keep posetive and stick at it! X

This post and the replies have been so helpful. I am currently training in acrylic and gelish and don't even know where to turn once qualified! x

I have just paid for a Facebook advert and I got a new client book in for Friday for a lux shellac manicure from it. :)
Only spent £10 on the ad and managed to get 20 new likes, all from ladies in my town.

I get excited when a new client books but very sad when they don't return..
Paulamaula have you thought about contacting them with an offer or something to see if you can get them back? Maybe even just £5 off? Then if you don't get a response, especially if they're family, why not politely ask for feedback on what you can do better? Most people like to treat themselves but know they can't always afford to get them redone all the time, that might simply be the case?

I have a basic website launching as soon as I hit 95 likes on my Facebook page, and although most of my likes are from friends and family who wouldn't get their nails done but have joined to support me (amongst a LOT of friends who won't even take the millisecond to press like who DO regularly get their nails done.. :/) but I posted my "big news when at 95 likes" on a couple of local area Facebook groups and have a good ten likes from people I don't know, plus one who messaged but wants gel polish which I don't currently offer.. Very very slow, but very steady... X

My first post on this site - exciting!
Same here :( although I can't complain too much I guess I am only at it properly (FB, Instagram, business cards and all) for a month, but in that month I only had 3 appointements so far.. so it is a bit disheartening really ... starting to question things... I don't offer any enhancements, only standard / lux mani-pedi & shellac mani-pedi, so maybe this is the issue... ? What is popular these days?

I have just paid for a Facebook advert and I got a new client book in for Friday for a lux shellac manicure from it. :)
Only spent £10 on the ad and managed to get 20 new likes, all from ladies in my town.
Keep at it. The more they see your ads then they will remember them

Latest posts

Back