Getting quicker doing acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah griffiths

Reaction score
Hello I am wondering if people could give me some advice please I did a nail course in 2011 and I due to having children I stopped doing them but now I have managed to get a job in a salon and I need to get quicker it takes me about 2 hours to do a set of nails with tips I don't really do sculptured nails but I am going on a course to get refreshed on it I would appreciate some advice on how to get quicker xx

Hello I am wondering if people could give me some advice please I did a nail course in 2011 and I due to having children I stopped doing them but now I have managed to get a job in a salon and I need to get quicker it takes me about 2 hours to do a set of nails with tips I don't really do sculptured nails but I am going on a course to get refreshed on it I would appreciate some advice on how to get quicker xx

Hi,

Someone once had a really good answer to this question but I cannot remember how it was put. I think it said to time each part of your procedure, have it written down and then evaluate where you actually lose time. So you can concentrate on the stage that takes you the longest and work backwards through your time. If that makes any sense?

The only other thing to say is it truly is practice that quickens your speed and confidence.

Make sure all products needed are set out ready to go. Talking also slows you down, which is hard not to talk but it's multitasking!

My main problem is my filing I spend to much time filing really I suppose if I got the nack of putting he acrylic in the right place and getting a good apex then I think that would cut my filing down xx

I'm the same apart from I didn't my course in 2007 did a refresher in 2009 and the had kids think I would have loads of time to practice no I have the problem that I'm scared to offer acrylic as I'm so slow and I don't want people to get pissed of with how long I'm taking I just brought a nail trainer x x

I did my course in 2011 had a child in 2009 and then one in 2014 I just try my best to try and practice in the evening I have a nail trainer to they are really good xx

I'm really excited to get my nail trainer! Not sure if the other half will like me stinking out the house x

I just done my acrylic training in May and although I've been doing them pretty consistently since them in the salon - I still range from an hour and a half to 2 hours. Sometimes I feel disheartened when I take longer but I would rather do a good set of nails than rush and send the client away with a set of acrylics I'm not happy to be represented by!

Timing as with any treatment I've trained in, comes with experience and confidence. Hopefully!!

Latest posts

Back