getting rid of orange/brass without getting muddy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joro89

Reaction score
hello everyone.. i need help!! my salon carries matrix (which i hate) and everything runs warm. i want a pretty neutral for my moms hair... its mom so she can be my guinea pig! haha ;) anyway, before, she was a level 7 with warm tones, and she wanted to be blonder. so i did a soap cap, and im pretty sure a 9N.. it was a while ago i dont remember now.. but was orangey so i put on an ash... it turned muddy. it was so gross. so i did a full head highlight to quit messing around and just get it blonde. its still yellowey/orangey overall. now, as her base, i used 9A (shes natural level 6) with 30 vol... it turned pure orange. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?? i wanted to lift 3 levels, so i used 30 vol... with level 9... ahh! all i want is to tone without getting muddy or green or whatever. suggestions?? id especially like to hear from someone who uses matrix... because i hate this stuff. lol

Wow.... Thats strange, there Ash tones are usually pretty strong!
What are you using... perm or semi?
Maybe try using the AA Double ash.. orr You could try toning with 10 or 9 AV... They got me out of plenty of trouble, Mixing 10vol with Instacure 50/50.
xxx

yea i guess their ash is strong... so strong it doesnt neutralize, it just turns instantly muddy. lol i did a test strand on a mannequin today to see if maybe it was just my moms hair that was being resistant.. but i got the same result. lifted the hair with vlights and 40 vol.. brought it to level 8 with the gold underlying pigment.. and i tried 10v colorsync (the demi) with the activator and it didnt do anything.. so i tried another time with 10a and 8a and it turned a weird muddy goldish-greenish color. its just a terrible color i hate it! lol ill try the double ash and see if it helps. or the ash violet. im like ready to cry im so frustrated. i used to use kemon at my last job and i dont remember any problems like this. now i have to play the color correction game, and this game sucks. lol

You going to need 11n then tone down, I had similar problem but this sorted it.

Latest posts

Back