Getting the best picture...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remember_nomore

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been covered before lady's but I have been thinking about this for a while and with the sets that I've done this past week - 12 hours straight at the table yesterday! - I really want to know how everyone gets the best pictures. I have a 8.2mp camera that takes amazing pictures otherwise.

Most of the ones I take are too dark or too bright and you can't see what's really there and it's aggravating when trying to get your work out there.

Tips, tricks? Sanity pills.

Are you using the macro setting when taking your nail pics ? it looks like a tulip/flower,
i always use my day light lamp to the side of where i am taking pics but not too close, to get good light for the pic,
and i use a large piece of plain black fabric for the background on most pics as this causes no distractions from the nails when people look at the pics, hth :hug:

What camera do you use? Does it have manual settings?

If yes, you should put camera on a stand (tripod) and select "Aperture Priority" mode. Turn OFF the flash but use external lighting (sunlight, desk lamp).

Set aperture to 8.0 - 10.0 and watch the shutter speed (it should stay above 100). If needed, find extra lighting source.

Hope this helps :)
Una

This question also appeared on a different nail forum recently. I've now added some suggestions to Iryna's blog:

Iryna Giblett - Nail Art

Latest posts

Back