Getting tint off nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByShan

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

This is something that has really annoyed me for over three years now and I just wondered if anyone gets this like i do and if anyone knows what would help!

I work in a really really busy environment doing just brows waxing and tinting all day, on average doing 16-20 brows a day!
Anyway we use refectocil tint which is really strong and it stains my nails! I get my nails gelled or do them myself and by the end of the day they're all stained with black or brown tint no matter how careful I am. Work won't let us wear gloves.
Sometimes I don't bother wearing gel or polish as it just ruins them but then my natural nail gets stained a orange/yellow colour from the tint!

I would just re gel my nails but then I'd be wasting time and product redoing it everyday! Also the obvious answer is just to wear black gel but work don't allow that. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415998867.498060.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415998924.779996.jpg

Does anyone else get this? I've tried tint remover, surgical spirit, sure clean, alcohol you name it

Thanks!

Why don't you try two coats of clear varnish over your gel nails and then remove that with normal remover at the end of the day.
Or ask to have two coats of the gel top coat applied in order to buff it down after work. You then just need to apply a shine.

Oh that's an amazing idea! I'll definitely try those! Thankyou :) I'm sick of looking like I have pooey nails 😂 xo

Latest posts

Back