GHD newer design not as good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani82

Reaction score
My beloved ghd's broke and I got a new pair, this has a digital ghd by the on off switch but they don't seem to work nearly as well as my old ones :-(
Has anyone else found that the old ones are so much better ??? X

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the temperature on the new ones are lower. Think they are 185 where as the old ones were 230 x

They have got worse I think and break down more too, I've moved to Cloud nine and they're the dogs bollox ;-)

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv got these ones I think there as good as the old style ones I actually thought they were hotter because sometimes I cant evem touch the outside when im curling because it's so hot! Plus there pretty:p
I dont think ill ever leave ghd though ha I remember when they first came out it was like a miracle because id never found straighteners that actually worked!
<3 Stephanie <3

Attachments

• 1402743445985.jpg
    1402743445985.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 229
My first ones lasted me 6 years and were brill. 2nd pair barely lasted 2 and nearly as good.

I switched to cloud 9 too and love love love them. I was told that cloud 9 was actually set up by ex-ghd people and that's prob why they're like the old design, nice and sturdy. But they also have tectonic plates too are amazing for curling hair. I'm desp to get a wide pair too but can't justify it at the mo. Also the temps adjustable on cloud nines.

The old GHD's were good but the new ones are C**P

We sell Cloud 9's :green: there amazing

I agree new ones are terrible , I would like to try cloud 9 as they were developed by original ghd manufacturer

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

The old ghds were made in Korea, now they're made in china, that's why the owner of ghd made cloud 9 - cloud 9's are really hard to get your hands on now if it's not through a salon or the website. They did this so they stay a professional tool unlike the ghds.
Ghds are the same as other irons now I wouldn't purchase them anymore!

The newer GHD eclipse are amazing. The secret is to only use one stroke on each section but slow it down. I would never use anything else in the salon x

I got my cloud 9 on amazon £30
Cheaper too

Just to add, they leave behind really great shine, ghd's left hair quite dull in my opinion

I thought Ghd's only heated up to 180 ?

I got my cloud 9 on amazon £30
Cheaper too

Are you sure there legit? As genuine Cloud 9's are near the price of GHD's.

yep! the man who made the orignal GHDS now makes cloud nines thats why everyone loves them!! there in theory just the old ghds they only go to 180 now not 230 xxxx

Hmmm looks like I need to have a look at these cloud 9's can I try them
Out anywhere? I'm not a hairdresser, popped over from beauty. I remember my first pair broke and I almost cried !!! Lol how we've come to rely on straighteners ;-)

Gonna put it out there.. I love Eclipse! They are only £145 now too.
They are not as hot but the heat is distributed more evenly, 6 sensors instead of 2. The outside stays cold so is better for curling as it sets the curl.
You only need to go over each section once, far less damaging.
We sold out of them 4 times over xmas and the clients who bought them rave about how fab they are.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmmm looks like I need to have a look at these cloud 9's can I try them
Out anywhere? I'm not a hairdresser, popped over from beauty. I remember my first pair broke and I almost cried !!! Lol how we've come to rely on straighteners ;-)

Go on to the cloud 9 website & find your local stockist & they should give you a trial as i would if you where closer :biggrin:

I agree Cloud 9 is amazing would never go back!

Latest posts

Back