GHG lasted just 4 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
This is my 2 nd GHG sculpted tips and after 4 days this what happened. Maybe they're not thick enough :-( confused x

Picture attached

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364488986.385511.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364488986.385511.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 351
It's not a product I use, and I am more an L&P girl, but the main principles are the same no matter the system.

If your product touches the skin at the sidewalls during application, then it will not be properly adhered to the nail plate, and will lift.
If your form isn't properly fitted when applying the product will not properly adhere to the nail plate at the tops and sides of the nail, and will lift.

You have just finished training so these are typical rookie errors lol, we all have been there.
You need to work on your application skills a d your finish filing.

It would be easier to see for us to pinpoint what was going wrong if it was just a natural,set of enhancements, the colour coats and nail art cover over any flaws like lifting.

Is it Gelish hard gel then you've put Gelish colour coats over the top? If so it does look like you've applied the GHG too thin. You mustn't paint it on like polish but really build up a structure ensuring a strong central apex. Could you ask your trainer to look at the pics and advise you? X

Thanks so much. I think I'm just painting it on like polish. Sent an email to my trainer but hasn't got back to me. I'm curing every layer for 30 seconds and buff in between. Is this right? X

Hi,

They do seem as though they have no stress area which would mean they wouldn't last - but I wondered if you were using the correct prep products and Pro Bond.

Who did you train with hun?

Also, I note that you say you buff in between each layer - not sure why you would do this but I'm here to help if I possibly can x

Thanks so much. I think I'm just painting it on like polish. Sent an email to my trainer but hasn't got back to me. I'm curing every layer for 30 seconds and buff in between. Is this right? X

Hi Poppy's

Could you possibly talk me through your 'exact' procedure. I'll do my best to trouble shoot with you from there.

Start from prep right to the end.

Who is your educator.

Many thanks:hug:

Latest posts

Back