Gift voucher question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GracefulH&B

Reaction score
Hiya.

In march of this year, a client's daughter in law brought my client a gift voucher for mother's day. My gift voucher's have a three month expiry
Date on them. My client then became ill and, I found out yesterday, has passed away. I would see the daughter in law regularly in the shop she works in and am a bit unsure what to do. Do I offer her her money back, offer her a treatment instead or write the voucher off as it had expired anyway? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Two issues here as I see it.
First - expiry dates. In some countries it's unlawful to put an expiry date on vouchers; I believe that's not the case in the UK. However, you've taken money for a service not yet provided and by not accepting the voucher it could be construed as extortion.
Yes, it's a pain when you get presented with an aged voucher but why would you not honour it? It's only going to p!ss off the recipient if they can't use it.

In this instance if I had the address details of the daughter in law I would be inclined to write a little note extending my sympathies and offering her treatments in line with the voucher. Just think how delighted she would be, and touched by your compassion.

Latest posts

Back