Ginger hair, what colour highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
I have client with ginger hair, base 7, I think it's gorgeous! We have done subtle highlights previously but she is now wanting to add another colour. Any suggestions what you would add to complement the highlights. She doesn't want anything dark adding and suggested a different shade blonde. I would be grateful for any suggestions/ideas. I use Wella Koleston and sometimes L'oreal.
Thanks

Forgot to say she has very long hair and an old grown out colour which is now half way down her head which is why I used bleach only as it was the only thing that would lift the old tint from the ends. I have explained that using another colour wont really do anything to the ends where the old tint is and she is happy with that.

I have a client that I use Loreal 900 and 900s on and it looks really nice.

I have client with ginger hair, base 7, I think it's gorgeous! We have done subtle highlights previously but she is now wanting to add another colour. Any suggestions what you would add to complement the highlights. She doesn't want anything dark adding and suggested a different shade blonde. I would be grateful for any suggestions/ideas. I use Wella Koleston and sometimes L'oreal.
Thanks

Natural base 7?

When working on natural red hair, you can expect to lose a level of lift with colouring products so I always use a higher developer than normal for lifting.

I find that Majiblonde + 40vol will give you a pretty but subtle colour result. Because their remaining pigment is so much warmer and stronger, I find that the colour tone is often a warm honey colour, which when combined with the natural base, gives the hair a soft shimmer of colour as opposed to looking obviously highlighted.

Because the highlights are generally a lot softer, I would recommend slices of a slightly darker gold demi to the hair (e.g. Richesse 6.34 + 6vol) to give the hair some more dimension and a soft contrast so that the highlights have something to stand out against. But I would avoid lowlighting too much through the parting.

=)

Why don't u brighten it up with a copper I love copper hair but they always want it black or blonde 😣

Yes, she is a natural base 7. Thanks for your ideas. will be going with the 900s I think. Cheers! :)

I used to have a lady that was a really bright copper naturally, we did purple panels underneath, dark enough not to pop too much, but light enough not to be too contrasting, it clashed wonderfully with her natural copper. It looked great.

I have a reeeeally redheaded client, flaming orange colour, I do 2:1 bleach and intense red foils for her. It sounds awfully tacky but always looks gorgeous!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back