Ginger hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meganmurray

Reaction score
hello i have naturaly ginger hair and im trying to get away from bleach i have tried everything on my roots but nothing will take! it still looks very very yelow and has a glow need help asap!!!

Sorry this isn't a consumer site. Please take a look for the consumer forums, otherwise please go to a salon where you can be helped better coxo

i no i am a hairdresser and i wanted another hairdressers opinion :/

What have you used previously? Xoxo

I have used 911 with all differnt strengths of peroxide I have tried 10/1
9/1 also all with differnt peroxide nothing seems to be budging in only dark colours cover I have also tried 12/11 40 vol and it also didn't work xxx

What's your natural and what colour is on now? Xoxo

My natural would be about a base 9 but with tones of a 444 it's extremely orange at the moment I have it like an ash blonde base 11 with base 6 lowlights along with base 9 low lights but my roots are glowing about 2 inches since I went of bleach and the roots would be about 10/33 I put on them 911 and 30vol last week and it came out 10/33 I feel like there's nothing else I can try!!! Appreciate any help! Xxxx

My natural would be about a base 9 but with tones of a 444 it's extremely orange at the moment I have it like an ash blonde base 11 with base 6 lowlights along with base 9 low lights but my roots are glowing about 2 inches since I went of bleach and the roots would be about 10/33 I put on them 911 and 30vol last week and it came out 10/33 I feel like there's nothing else I can try!!! Appreciate any help! Xxxx

How long have you been doing hair as many of the words you have said seem ameture and DIY xoxo

Have a look at your colour star and see what is opposite, for orange you prob need alot of violet try 12/96 12% and it can be left out of heat up to an hour x

Can we say auburn not ginger and copper not orange x

Have a look at your colour star and see what is opposite, for orange you prob need alot of violet try 12/96 12% and it can be left out of heat up to an hour x

Blue not violet

Can we please establish this person really is a hairdresser before advising, there is quite a lot that DIY era can get hold of, and there are more and more who use numbers for their colours now than ever before xoxo

i have been hairdressing for 5 years i completely understand my colour star and no how todo my job its just i have been battling with this for a while and have tried many different things just wondered did any one else have any idea because the only thing that seems to get rid of such a strong colour is bleach

"Orange" is a colour on the star and if we are talking to a professional here it is acceptable to say, now if you just want to comment on people's posts to be rude.... Don't this site is supposed to be helpful

Give 12/96 a try :)) xxx

i have been hairdressing for 5 years i completely understand my colour star and no how todo my job its just i have been battling with this for a while and have tried many different things just wondered did any one else have any idea because the only thing that seems to get rid of such a strong colour is bleach

What is your aim?
Why is using bleach so bad? Which bleach are you using?xx

My opinion , is if the knowledge is there for base and color wheel (star) then you should know how to fix? Glowing roots is from lightening(bleach) hair 101!
Don't take personal but ,
Glad your not doing my hair color.

thank you for your help i shall give it ago i have tried 12/89 before and it just chnaged it very slightly but no enough my salon has recently go in illumina wella colours and we went on a colour day yesterday and she said to put 9/60 and 10/1 40 vol but i do not think it will cover given my experience working with my hair! what do you think? should i give it ago? xx

What is your aim?
Why is using bleach so bad? Which bleach are you using?xx
its not that bleach is so bad but i would just rather not use it :) x

My opinion , is if the knowledge is there for base and color wheel (star) then you should know how to fix? Glowing roots is from lightening(bleach) hair 101!
Don't take personal but ,
Glad your not doing my hair color.
yes when ever i get glowing roots i put a toner on and sort it out but im trying to find a solution that dont have it glowing from the start

Latest posts

Back