Ginger hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have only joined this sight tonight and it has really put me off! it was a simple question only wanted some help everyone seems to be very bitchy

it was you who was the one who started being disrespectful saying we are not professionals all i wanted was some help didnt need the bitchiness x

I never said you wasn't, I said to the others to keep advice to a minimum while we assess if you were a pro or not, ticking the hair geek box doesn't make someone a pro, and if you stick with the site, as I hope you do as there is a lot of valuable advice here you will come to understand how many non pro's come on and use technical terms that make it hard for us to tell if they are who they claim to be.

Don't let this thread put you off. Xoxo

Don't let it put you off :) we all arent like that, I like to help people and also get good tips. Makes a better hairdresser asking for help and being open to listen/discuss xx

I dot understand stout fear of the word orange, it is a colour it is what we see and we are just exchanging hints and tips to fellow professionals.

Clients think umpa lumpa!

it dont really matter if there are people on here who arent pros beacuse they wouldnt even understand half the things we say! even if we do use the word "orange" :) dont suppose anyone could help with my next question?

i went on a illumina colour day yesturaday and it was brill! they said when ever you 1st use it on conloured hair use 30 vol on the ends and im wondering is this also the case for clients with blonde hair or just clients with the dark they did not say? xxxx

it dont really matter if there are people on here who arent pros beacuse they wouldnt even understand half the things we say! even if we do use the word "orange" :) dont suppose anyone could help with my next question?

They know more than we realise so yes it does matter. I have worked myself into illness for this industry, for people to come asking on here? Like I said your new so don't know how many there are, or what they know yet xoxo

i went on a illumina colour day yesturaday and it was brill! they said when ever you 1st use it on conloured hair use 30 vol on the ends and im wondering is this also the case for clients with blonde hair or just clients with the dark they did not say? xxxx

Depends. If darkening then you would use pastel, if on same line or for a tonal difference then 30 xoxo

okay sorry to hear that can you help me with me privies post?

they said yesterday no matter what on the 1st time always use 30vol and i wondered if it would be okay for really blonde hair too even tho they didnt say never not to use 30 vol on the 1st time of using it

I had my illumina training day and the never mentioned abt the 9% :s

they said yesterday no matter what on the 1st time always use 30vol and i wondered if it would be okay for really blonde hair too even tho they didnt say never not to use 30 vol on the 1st time of using it

Its basic peroxide law. And although they may say that I would stick with the normal rules regarding peroxide xoxo

see i thought the same beacuse putting 30 vol on very light ends would just not make sense! I done mine in spain and it was all in spainsh maybe i got thw wrong end of the stick? xxx

see i thought the same beacuse putting 30 vol on very light ends would just not make sense! I done mine in spain and it was all in spainsh maybe i got thw wrong end of the stick? xxx

But % age's are the same worldwide xoxo

yes i no that but im saying maybe i translated it wrong as i am english but speak spainsh i may have got it wrong in my translations? im not sure

yes i no that but im saying maybe i translated it wrong as i am english but speak spainsh i may have got it wrong in my translations? im not sure

I'd guess so. The illumina range is a strange one, but tick to basics xoxo

thats what i automatically thought! think i will just to be safe :p xxx

have you tried pre-sofening the hair and then putting a colour on that is more ash/bluey/violet on to conteract the natural ginger?

im glad you understand i have just reached the point where im going to turn back to bleach because nothing is budging thank you for your help i shall give it ago! xxxx
I understand completely, i have red hair and it is bummer too lift, it is also is thick and corse so bleach tends too make the texture drier and frizzier, some people can come across as condescending but don't give up you can pick up some good tips and advice, it doesn't matter how long you've been in the profession for nobody knows everything! There is always something new too learn, I've been hairdressing a long time but haven't come into contact with EVERY situation! We red heads need to stick together, not many of us about 😉

have you tried pre-sofening the hair and then putting a colour on that is more ash/bluey/violet on to conteract the natural ginger?
Yes I have tried that before still no joy! Xx

Latest posts

Back