Gingery client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen kilshaw

Reaction score
Please could someone give advice on a clients hair that has gone slightly gingery. I used nxt colour in natural golden blonde(703) with a base of 5/6, 40% white hair which had been coloured before with majeral by L’Oreal golden blonde both with 20% vol peroxide. Am a bit puzzled as why it has gone gingery and also best ways to tone it down

Tone it with illumina 7.81
Next time try using just 7.0

if she is a base 5/6 then will have a lot of red pigment pheomelanin, hence the ginger you also use gold when lifting her base also the white hair. What is her target? Maybe use a 7/0 on roots and 7/03 on combing through. You could also use a semi or a colour fresh 10.81 as menioned above and a blue toner.

if she is a base 5/6 then will have a lot of red pigment pheomelanin, hence the ginger you also use gold when lifting her base also the white hair. What is her target? Maybe use a 7/0 on roots and 7/03 on combing through. You could also use a semi or a colour fresh 10.81 as menioned above and a blue toner.
Hi

You
You are right about the pigmentation . 703 is what we use on her hair. I’m not very experienced in this so just a question how would the 10.81 colour fresh help. Also I have put a picture up as thought be helpful in my quest for some answers.

I don't think the 10.81 tone would be strong enough to cover a level 7

Use the illumina with pastel

If it's still too warm next time using 7.0 you could add some 7.1 to the 7.0 but you'll alway need some base as your covering grey

Latest posts

Back