Glastonbury

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sparkle

Reaction score
Love it love it! Just got back. Did anyone else go?

Hi yes I went 1st time iv been and it was amazing. Not what I expected in some ways. Can't believe how lovely everyone was x

I've been going since 1997 and it's so amazing to hear from first timers that they loved it too!

you've been going an awful long time! :o wowee! do you slum it haha or go in a caravan/local hotel etc? i can't believe you've been going so long when it's obvious it's always going to rain haha. you're crazy! i dread the thought of rain at festivals! haha i've been to download festival several times, leeds a couple of times and groezrock once... groezrock was the last festival i went to and i decided on the 2nd night that i was far too old to be slumming it around in a tent and freezing haha :D

glastonbury music is usually not my kinda music at all but i've always wanted to go just to see what all the hype is about kwim? it's seems now a days though that glastonbury is really all about the celebs that go and what they are wearing :\ not the atmosphere or the music :\
x

I always camp. You *could* stay in a B&B but really you'd have to walk so far it's not really worth it - our car park was a good 45 mins walk from our tent and the nearest place with a B&B would be farther out than that - so not like you could just nip back and grab some warm clothes! Saying that I'm now 32 so I think we will invest in a camper van for next time :)

A lot of the reporting on Glastonbury is about the celebs and what they are wearing but once you're there it's not like that at all and no one cares! It's amazing and whatever kind of music you like there'll be something to suit .. I saw Queens of the Stone Age, Beyonce (end of), Cornish folk music, stand up and circus all over the same weekend, how amazing is that?

Also the BBC coverage only tends to show the main stages but doesn't mention everything else that goes on, so much of it!

I think you should go in 2013, just to see what it's like :D

I really really really want to go :( so jealous xx

why 2013?? is there no Glastonbury for 2012? haha

we should have a triple G... a girlie glastonbury geekmeet! :D x

Theres no Glastonbury on next year due to the Olympics. I know what one I'd rather go to and it isn't gonna be the Olympics considering 60% of the tickets have gone abroad I'm starting to think it's a political move to brown nose with other countries after our contributions in fighting the war

really? i didn't know that! that shows how much i pay attention to the news/olympics/glastonbury! i admit i have heard about the ticket problems, it doesn't sound too good at all :\ x

Latest posts

Back