Glitter Enhancements, using CND powders and NSI glitter,

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollBird

Reaction score
Further to my "Complaints" critique I sat and treate dmyself to some glittery enhancements. I used CND powders and a NSI glitter, I can see on one nail I stayed probably a bit further away from the eponichium, what do you all think of these?
Thanks in advance for taking a look;)

Any comments or views are very welcome.. especially after 44 views ;)

I'm not experienced enough to critique your work but it looks lovely and I'd be happy to pay for nails like this :biggrin: especially love the little purple heart!!!

Doll bird, again like the last critique your zone 3 is an actual ridge that stops too far from the eponichium.
Your are leaving too big a margin when applying your product and not tapering it enough.
You need to make this area super thin and flush to the natural nail while making sure that the margin is a super small gap.
I think you would actually benefit from a 1-2-1 with an educator or further skills training.
Are you trainined in cnd? if so who is your nearest educator Im sure that they would be happy to help you with these issues.
:hug:
Jen xxx

Yes I was trained by Liza Smith, a 1-2-1 isn't an option for me right now but lots of practise is and that's why these critiques help me so much. I am always very careful around the eponichium and I tend to use smaller beads for fear of having a clump at the bottom of the nail bed. The acrylic is very close but very thin but I can see on others where I could have gone further. Thank you.
Zoe79 thank you also for your comment :D

Yes I was trained by Liza Smith, a 1-2-1 isn't an option for me right now but lots of practise is and that's why these critiques help me so much. I am always very careful around the eponichium and I tend to use smaller beads for fear of having a clump at the bottom of the nail bed. The acrylic is very close but very thin but I can see on others where I could have gone further. Thank you.
Zoe79 thank you also for your comment :D
I understand where you're coming from ;) i have a 'nail trainer' which i use as often as i can to perfect my application and ratio's...i find this helps as you can pop the nails off and start a new set straight away. I try to only use a few beads per nail...(be brave!..need to make sure you have plenty on your brush)If you're like me and use both nsi & cnd, you'll learn the difference between the ratio's, i find i need a wee bit more monomer on my brush when using cnd..and that it settles quicker on the nail.
Marian Newmans book 'The Complete Nail Technician 2nd Edition' is my bible...I've been qualified for 3 years now and i still love it.
I love the critiques too :) they're helpful and inspiring.
Hth..look forward to more of your work xx

Thank you, your very kind, I have recently done another set of there on my sister in law so may post these and see if I have improved at all!! I have Gigi Nailclass and constantly pull it out for a read, always inspires me to try again!:green:

Latest posts

Back