Glitter line on Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid11

Reaction score
Wondered if you lovely nail geeks can help me. I do shellac but not really into nail art, but a client would like a french with a silver glitter line inbetween the pink and white smile line.

As i do rockstar shellac, thought about doing a complete french then after cure do a thin line of shellac, cure then in the tacky layer apply the glitter. Would i do the line with a dotting tool??

Does this sound the way to do it or is there a simpler way? Ive had a quick search on here but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Many thanks x

Hiya... Your on the right line, however once doing your final colour wipe away the tacky layer paint on the glitter line with dotting tool and then use a dry brush to neaten the edges if not straight, then cure and top coat :)

if you have silver glitter polish I would use that instead.
-do your full french Shellac application
-wipe tacky layer off of top coat
-apply glitter polish using a striping brush or dotting tool
-allow to dry a couple min
-add another top coat and cure
I've done this a lot recently...much faster/easier :)

you could also make a glitter paste with loose glitter and shellac top coat (fingernail fixer has a video on this) to paint on the line.

you could also make a glitter paste with loose glitter and shellac top coat (fingernail fixer has a video on this) to paint on the line.

I've used this method for glitter lines/nail art flicks etc, best way for thin lines IMHO :hug:

Thanks for replies, ill get a thin brush and have a practice x

Latest posts

Back