Glittery Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Hi this might sound a strange question but here goes...... I am new at nails and wondered about how do you create the glitter,crushed shell effects without getting them all mixed up in your l&p?:?:

Iwould love to do some French style tips for christmas but dont want to look an idiot:o

I have looked at all you geeks web sites and you are all fantastic there are some brilliant nail designs out there:cool:

I am still finding creating smile lines hair pulling but I will keep going you never know I might be bald by christmas:Scared:

Any advice would make my day:rolleyes:

when i use the shell art i mix some into my powder, apply this as a french to all ten tips, tip out any leftover liquid, clean my brush in fresh liquid, discard this. give your dappen dish a good wipe out maybe with a bit of scrubfresh. keep the premixed powder with the shells firmly closed and put away for clients next appointment incase shes broken one, lol. for zone 2/3 use your regular powder. becareful with putting too much shell into the mix as it can be brittle,maybe do a very thin underlay of clear l&p first if you find its a problem. i use a uv gel topcoat lastly which saves time with final buffing, they come up all sparkley without effort.

for your smiles it takes time and patience, doing them with the shell its more easier than white or coloured powders as you cant see every little wobble, try for a slight smile with the latter until youfeel more confident, then get a bit more smiley. geegs tutorials are great as is one on one. dont give up, you will get there!

Thanx thats great advise I would never of thought of keeping the powder,shell mix together.

Its nice to here from people who know what I am talking about for a change!!!!

Another thing with pressed flowers , spangles and stickers can you stick them on the nail before you apply the L&P?

i always do a very thin overlay first ( usually a pinkish powder) i use creative alot now so thats the intense pink. then apply flowers or stickers etc, then overlay again with clear so it doesnt mute the design.

melody jayne said:
i always do a very thin overlay first ( usually a pinkish powder) i use creative alot now so thats the intense pink. then apply flowers or stickers etc, then overlay again with clear so it doesnt mute the design.

Thanx Melody Jayne thats been a great help looks like its time to start practising alot:eek:Lol

One way that Ive just come across is the "reverse technique".
I started a thread about it not long along if you wish to take a look, but basically when Im applying glitter tips nowadays I prefer this way as it prevents any glitter, like you have mentioned, getting into my l&p.
Basically you apply the pink first. Then move onto appling the tip.
Simple eh?
I came across this at the GMEX show, on the Young Nails stand with Greg Salo and his crew. Ive since seen a step by step on their website - far better than my description, so maybe this will help you.
The website is www.youngnails.co.uk
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back