Glossybox, have you tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
Hey all, signed up to glossy box last month and have received my July and August box!
Just wondered what your thoughts are on the company and their products as professionals!

I personally think its great and value for money, love getting my 5 new products to try every month but the August box hadn't had the best reviews from the public!!!! What did u think?

Hi, I ordered and received my first box beginning of August and I loved it! Can't wait for my next one.
The packaging is lovely and I like the idea of trying new things as I usually waste lots of money on full size products that are no good for me and I end up giving them away.
It's like a little monthly present to myself ;) lol x

where do you sign up, how much is it and what kind of products do you get?

I used to be subscribed! Loved receiving it every month! I unsubscribed in the end though, because I didn't use the products. It's £10 per month + 2.95 p&p xxx

where do you sign up, how much is it and what kind of products do you get?

It's www.glossybox.co.uk.
£10 per month plus postage. It's good because you can Cancel anytime you want and aren't tied into a subscription. Xx

I'm with glossy box, I love it.... (this months was a bit rubbish) but I love waiting to find out what I'm gonna be getting..

Also the shesaidbeauty box is great, it's my favourite box.

I've always thought that this is a bit of a rip off, especially now that they have started charging extra for shipping. Isn't the whole point of samples that they're a way of trying something for free? I know that you do sometimes get a full sized product in these sort of boxes, but often it's just tiny samples or not very good products (see reviews of current Glossybox - that eyeshadow palette looks so cheap!)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I ordered a one off box one of the items was broken the rest of the items were rubbish, I complain about the broken item still not got a replacement there's loads of complains on there FB page! Unprofessional and like said above not worth the nearly £15 you pay for it! When all your getting is free samples really! Your paying for the box. And you don't get the products advertised :)

I agree the eyeshadow palette wasn't that great but oter than that in this months I received a lovely full sized lipstick, nail polish, deep cleansing oil which will last ages and isn't a small sample, mini valentino perfume and full size bottle of lipcote.
To be honest I love the surprise, can you tell I don't get out much? Haha x

Mixed reviews! I agree tht the customer service isnt up to scratch! Emailed a few times and never got a reply also my lip stick was broken but can't be bothered to email!
The deep cleansing oil is fab though and I got the Eve's balm gorgeous smell and fantastic product! I liked Julys box better thu!
I disagree tht it is a rip off u get decent sized products instead of packets!

Glossy box is okay, I also get shesaidbeauty and I have have just received the allaboutbeauty box and I have to say was very impressed, 8 items including a full size cleanser, soap and bath bomb, also got a nice ash catcher,worth a look girls

I think the products have gone downhill from when they first started. First box had a full size Nars product, my last two boxes have had lipcote & Carmex those products are cheap end!!!

I'm cancelling this month :(

They approached me about having some of our products in their boxes. I was initially quite interested until they told me that I would have to GIVE them the products!
Sooooo, it became a very, very expensive advertising campaign, with every possibility of my brands' values being devalued because of the other products in the box.
They have 25 thousand subscribers!

Totally agree Lyne, cheap by association.

One box had a freebie Glossybox make up brush which was such cheap quality it made everything else look atrocious. I've given most of the bits away to Nieces etc.

I'm cancelling mine too after Iv got my free box! Going to she said beauty or luxbox! Grotty box! :p

Just read some of the comments on Facebook Glossybox page - they are getting a hammering!

I feel that it's "cheapens" the Hd brow products! I see them as professional products and Glossy box is not professional it's consumer

I cancelled mine. At first they were really good and I felt that it was worth the money but then I received a few boxes where the products in them and the size of the samples just wasn't worth the money. I found them to be a bit hit and miss in the end.

I also agree with the point about HD Brows however (and I'm going to sound controversial now) Isn't HD Brows just a gloryfied eyebrow shape and tint anyway??

I subscribed for a couple of months when it first launched and have to agree with other posters, it seems it has gone downhill. The HD palette was the only thing in 3 months worth of subscriptions that I've actually used, so I could it bought it for less than that anyway!! I do not appreciate skincare sachets and perfume samples in the box, you can get them for free from a department store!!!

I canceled mine last night and when I went to cancel my mums it wouldn't let me! Cheeky, so I did it on my phone! Got a free box though but waiting for a good box, might waiting a while! Lol

Latest posts

Back