Glue setting too fast!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffybaby

Reaction score
Hey. I Am lash perfect trained and I was previously using sensitive glue, although I changed to ultimate 1 glue, I feel like it's setting on my jade stone to quick now, maybe about 4-6 mins, it's starts to get a thin layer over the top which then causes my lash to be gloopy and thick when I apply the glue to the lash! Any other way to stop it setting to quick!!

I don't use Jade stones anymore for this very reason. I use glue rings and I hardly ever need to replenish after the first drop.

If the glue is setting too quick in the jade stone it could also be due to temperature and humidity. Make sure you stay in the range of your suppliers suggestions and you can also use some foil over the jade stone which slows the drying out down :)

Yes as said above the humidity in your room is affecting glue drying to quick. I bought a hygrometer to measure the humidity and temperature in my room so I can control it to a point but it can be a problem! I use a glue ring with a bit of foil, you might need to try other glues too as some work better than others in different environments.
Hope that helps x

i had exactly the same problem, using ultimate II, I had just started in a room in a hair salon, i could normally do a full set using 1-2 blobs. however in the salon i was using new blobs every 5-8 mins, i researched the ingredients and one of the ingriedients 'set' in humid conditions. i bought a dehumidifyer and it has improved :o)

Latest posts

Back