Glue stinging eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani82

Reaction score
Please could you give me any tips for waiting time etc before opening eyes to stop the stinging/watering eyes. It happens to me too when mine are done. I leave them a couple of mins before opening but anything else you suggest would be greatly appreciated in this busy time x

You really need to get a nano mister or a nebuliser, I recommend a nebuliser as they are less temperamental than nano misters. 30 seconds on each eye will cure the adhesive you are using and solve your stinging problem.

The reason the eyes are stinging and watering is because the cyanoacrylate in the adhesive requires moisture to cure, it will take moisture from the eye causing them to water and sting.

A nano mister or nebuliser emits a very very fine mist of water, that doesn't get the lashes wet at all, but it's enough moisture to cure the adhesive straight away. This also means your client, in theory, can get their lashes wet straight away xxx

Thank you for your reply, I am going to look into it right now x

Nano mister is not always suitable. For example if the humidity is high and you use a nano mister this can affect lash retention.

Place a damp cotton pad on each cheek as the cyanoacrylate in the adhesive is attracted to moisture.

Also you can purchase a lash blower to blow fumes away from the eye

I did purchase a lash blower for now because I couldn't afford the expense just now, defo try the damp pads thank you x

Latest posts

Back