gmex/creative/course moaning again....!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
i really enjoyed the gmex show, we ran to creative to get the free lamp with the pro kit (its looks great by the way) havent tried it yet though....waiting for my course as i havent done gel yet .....i hope all the people on the course arnt gel professionals as i have no idea where to start! if these untrained people have bought the same kit at the show...what good will it be if they dont know how to use it? they may aswell go on the course and then they can just nip to the shop for it!
i dont understand the fuss about people always moaning about having to have trained with creative? if you are only doing a conversion you are only really buying the kit and having the training for nothing really as the kits have plenty of things in there....and the training is great there i really enjoyed mine and cant wait to go back again.
so why do these people not just do the day conversion then they can go buy what they want, its more hassle getting ripped of on ebay or waiting a year for the next show............makes sense?!
Kat xxx
(think i just like the simple life!)

Well it should just be that simple shouldn't it??

Unfortunately, and I don't know why, there seems to be such arrogance on the part of some nail technicians (usually the ones who aren't really very good) that if they know one system they know it all and therefore they don't need anymore training or anyone to tell them anything! They have some sort of a client base so what do they need to learn, they're doing just fine thank you? They are also usually bored out of their brains as well doing the same old, same old thing but content to stay in that rut.

The real stars, can't get enough of new information, realize that there is always room for improvement and that it only makes sense to have a class when purchasing a new product. It is so simple really. And as I have said before, there are not as many unconverted people buying as is in the imagination.

I have never heard a Beauty Therapist complain about being fully trained and yet having to go to Clarins or Nimue for further training when they want to change their products. All the professional brands all insist on it.

Come to think of it what about hair?? My stylist is always going on courses to keep up to date with all the new products and styles etc and she has been in the business for 20 years!!

I do not know where this arrogant disrespect for training amongst nail technicians springs from but it is there. Probably the same people who thought they could learn to do nails on a 2 day course!!

I agree with you intirely. To get the best from any product you need the training as all of them work slightley different. I know where some of the frustration comes from and i think its when you want to use a better product but funds are tight so it can then make a conversion course a bit out of reach when you are starting out.

I myself only have a small client base as still building it up. I am at home looking after my 3 year old so don't have any spare money. Luckily i have a supportive partner who has helped me along the way. I have to say the conversion that Creative do is very reasonably priced especially as the kit comes free.

just wish all manufacturers did the same, as its costs alot when you pay for a course and then have to buy the kit on top.

Latest posts

Back