Go-To products & tips for hair ups

divalou

Hi Guys

Just wondering what your go-to products for hair ups are as sometimes I find my hair ups are either not "secure" enough, or that they can end up looking a bit over done & too hairsprayed!

Also, do you all use heated rollers most of the time?

Thanks

Lou xx

Bluerinse

Banned
Hi Guys

Just wondering what your go-to products for hair ups are as sometimes I find my hair ups are either not "secure" enough, or that they can end up looking a bit over done & too hairsprayed!

Also, do you all use heated rollers most of the time?

Thanks

Lou xx
Best tip is get them to blowdry their hair the night before with a heat protection spray nothing else, don't straighten just get it as big as possible,

then the next day I work mousse through the hair when it's dry, and blowdry, if doing it curly I blowdry it curly then secure a roller into it or curl it into a pin curl and secure to the head.

I use very little hairspray but when I do it's a non aerosol like zoom force from matrix, for the little bum fluff hair around the face I use a tooth brush sprayed with a little hairspray, then brush over these hairs gently.

siobrennan

for hair ups i use the mousse on dry hair etc as blue states, and if its a full up do i use snag free bands to secure the hair, and then pin round about them, this secures and gives a fuller "base" to then work round. obviously this doesnt work for all styles tho. i also tend to curl the hair before i put it up to give it more movement aswell. this way, you dont need too much spray, the spray on a toothbrush is a great tip. this all works for me - my hair ups are all still secure the next day apparently, though how people can sleep on a hair up is beyond me :)

mephill

My "can't live without" items are the single prong pin-curl clips. They are the best for securing hair and allowing it to look loose ( or tight ) and stay all night with or with out hairspray. Also google "hair stitching" or search it on Youtube, hair up in 5 minutes and it will practically survive a cyclone and again with or without hairspray.
Both are best with a textured or curly look tho and allow for the client to either pull out a few clips or snip a thread of cotton and wear their curls or texture the next day free of sticky hair spray.

SteffiMc

Best tip is get them to blowdry their hair the night before with a heat protection spray nothing else, don't straighten just get it as big as possible,

then the next day I work mousse through the hair when it's dry, and blowdry, if doing it curly I blowdry it curly then secure a roller into it or curl it into a pin curl and secure to the head.

I use very little hairspray but when I do it's a non aerosol like zoom force from matrix, for the little bum fluff hair around the face I use a tooth brush sprayed with a little hairspray, then brush over these hairs gently.
I'm going out to buy a tooth brush!!! What a great idea!!! X

Bluerinse

Banned
I'm going out to buy a tooth brush!!! What a great idea!!! X
Asda smart price are great!! Only a tiny amount of spray and brush that bum fluff away!! ;)

SteffiMc

Asda smart price are great!! Only a tiny amount of spray and brush that bum fluff away!! ;)
Ooh lol ok I'll need to get a few! Fab idea :)

divalou

Have you got any links for "hair stitching"? Had a look and can't find anything.
Thanks x