Going au naturelle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Hi lovelies!

I have been having my nail extensions done at an NSS salon for years now.

I am thinking of coming off them to go natural as to be honest, I want to start to save!

Can anyone recommend the best thing to do? Get them removed and persevere? I would imagine my nails underneath will be thin and paper like.

Thank you in advance xx

Start with some nail strength product and get some solar oil and apply 2x a day. Keep them short till they grow out. Btw if you had gone to a non NSS salon you wouldn't have damaged nails 😄

How you do this will very much depend on the condition of your natural nails. Have they been over filed?

If they are very damaged you may need some help during the transition such as IBX or even a soak off gel like Brisa Lite, just until the damaged area has grown out and your nails are feeling stronger. Try and find a reputable salon which offers both the above treatments and they should be able to help you.

Very good advice given already. Get your NSS nails taken off and maybe there might be a lovely, local geek on here that can help get your nails back to a good condition. X

I agree with what Pure has suggested.

When you say your nails were done at an NSS, I assume you mean that the nail plate was over-filed/scraped, the eponychium was cut, sanitation was poor, maybe you've got a bit of onycholysis?

How "naturelle" do you want? Is your goal to just be enhancement-free? Would you be okay with a nail coating like Brisa Lite temporarily? I would suggest finding a nail tech committed to natural nail care, have the enhancements removed, assess the condition of your nails, and formulate a plan.

IBX might be a good idea. Gel polish might also be good since your nails could probably use some protection while they rebuild. Solar Oil or tea tree oil every day as well. It's going to take quite a while so be patient.

Latest posts

Back