Going blonde after red. Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Ive popped over from the beauty said and let me start by saying i havnt a clue when it comes to hair. I had my hair tinted red (like cheryl cole used to have hers not rihanna red), i had it done about 3 times with a semi perm at the salon after having it stripped (bleach bath). Anyway since the end of January i havnt touched it other than a trim as i wanted to fade it out for the summer. Now ive put fairy liquid in my hair, lemon juice etc and on the ends has faded quite a lot and is now a browny, coppery ginger colour, my roots are my natural colour (dark brown) and in the middle of my hair is still showing quite a bit of red i assume as this is because when i had it stripped prior to the red going on this area was the lightest (blonde). My hair was so badly damaged and dry but i had quite a bit trimmed off and have been giving my hair deep conditioning treatments, keratin treatments, lots of oil and even egg yolk to bring it back to how it was. Its still somewhat dry but way better than it was. So i have a wedding to go to on Sunday and my hairdresser said she could do this for me no issue but i had a call from the salon yesterday saying she is off sick :( i went to another salon but the stylist their said it wasnt possible for me to go blonde on the ends as even the strip doesnt get rid of red and it would likely go a really yellowy blonde verging on orange. My question is do i go to another salon is this possible to do or shall i just consider forgetting about going more blonde? Ive attached a photo of the colour im trying to achieve and i hope this makes sense. If anybody could advise me if its possible then i know to phone around more salons but dont fancy being told everything will be fine and find its a complete disaster right before the wedding! Thank you xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399491020.649643.jpg

i would definitely ask at another salon. red is a very difficult colour to contend with but without seeing your hair or doing test cuttings/strand tests its difficult to advise. it really wouldnt hurt to ask another hairdresser. it might not be a one step process so bare that in mind and by all means ask around.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
Thanks for your reply i did originally want to go this blonde (photo attached) but i knew that wasnt possible straight away so i then decided on the darker blonde. In happy to go through the process and have it done in stages but didnt want to have it an awful colour (looking like id done it myself) for the wedding which is on sunday so am trying to find out what will go like first time. I need to do something with it before sunday as its just awful at the mo but if the blonde isnt going to lift ill just have to have a brown tint all over which i didnt really want to do. Ive got a mask in my hair at the mo but will add some photos when all off and dry in a little while so you can get kind of an idea what colour it is now xx

Latest posts

Back