Going blonde ( pic attached )

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I have a client who recently had a Brazilian Blowdry her hair was quite dry and split and poor condition the Brazilian has helped alot
Now she wants to go back to her natural colour which is a base 8/9
I've taken a cutting and bleached using 6% it cane out strawberry blonde I'd like to get blonder and guess that the heat from her head would maybe lift this a bit more if I was to do a full head of highlights, my other option is a bleach bath I don't really want to try colour stripping as never done one before and think it would be difficult from home without back wash etc
I've attached a pic , any ideas anyone?
Much appreciated
Thanks x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329605893.534422.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329605893.534422.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 278
Should also add client just been using permanent Home dyes not live or anything like that it was more red before Brazilian but it faded it to this colour x

Should also add client just been using permanent Home dyes not live or anything like that it was more red before Brazilian but it faded it to this colour x

Get her to use cheap shampoo for a week before you do it, do full head of fouls back to back, have 8.13 and 8.32 ready for toning, think you'll more than likely need 8.13 or do u use wella? Shame your not a matrix girl :( x

Get her to use cheap shampoo for a week before you do it, do full head of fouls back to back, have 8.13 and 8.32 ready for toning, think you'll more than likely need 8.13 or do u use wella? Shame your not a matrix girl :( x

If she does that she will strip out the Brazilian, she can only use sodium chloride free shampoo, which prolong colour, unfortunately in this case.

Hi geeks
I have a client who recently had a Brazilian Blowdry her hair was quite dry and split and poor condition the Brazilian has helped alot
Now she wants to go back to her natural colour which is a base 8/9
I've taken a cutting and bleached using 6% it cane out strawberry blonde I'd like to get blonder and guess that the heat from her head would maybe lift this a bit more if I was to do a full head of highlights, my other option is a bleach bath I don't really want to try colour stripping as never done one before and think it would be difficult from home without back wash etc
I've attached a pic , any ideas anyone?
Much appreciated
Thanks x

I had a client that wanted exactly the same, I refused until her Brazilian was due again, there's no point as she'll blame you if her hair ends up knackered again.

If she does that she will strip out the Brazilian, she can only use sodium chloride free shampoo, which prolong colour, unfortunately in this case.

Surely colouring will strip brazilian blowdry anyway?

Surely colouring will strip brazilian blowdry anyway?

Nope! Women all over the world would be up in arms if you couldn't colour over their Brazilians. It's the Sodium Chloride eg salt that breaks it down, but I still won't risk putting the hair through bleach bathing etc as the Brazilian won't protect it from damage.

Well it has been fading even thou she is using aftercare it's def lighter than when I did her Brazilian
I was reluctant to do the bleach bath
For this reason so looks like full head foils it is then :)
Thanks for ideas she says she is more of a 9 than an 8 so shall I tone with 9.13 then If that's the case?
X

Your problem here is that if you go in with bleach you will definitely strip out most of the results of the Brazilian Blowdry.

Brazilian Blowdry is basically pure keratin that gets hardened (or set) into the hair with high heat. This is great if you want an even canvas to colour over (as the tint molecules actually have something to attach to) but makes it harder to bleach up as the ammonia (or other stripping agents) have a hard time getting through the hardened keratin to oxidise the melanin (or artificial colour pigment in the case of previously coloured hair) hence your weird results on your test strand.

If she wants to be lighter she needs to make a decision - will she pay for another Brazilian Blowdry afterwards if she still wants the smooth results she has now?

If the answer is no, you can tone her hair with a quasi to cool down the warmth right now. Try a level 8 with ash/violet. Explain that she'll feel a little darker but it will feel more natural. That should get through the next 8 weeks by which time the brazilian and quasi will have faded enough for you to go in and lighten.

On the other hand, if she says yes, you will need to make up a saline solution (100mls warm water with 1 tablespoon of salt) and apply throughout the hair rubbing in vigourously. Leave under heat for 25 minutes and then wash off using a clarifying shampoo about 3 times and skip the conditioner.

Dry off and either foil with bleach and 3% or go right in and start stripping. You'll need to tone with either a beige or violet level 9 depending on your target shade and she'll need to use a conditioner with colour pigment in it (such as L'Oreal Chroma.Care) and go back to using her chloride free shampoo.

Repeat the Brazilian Blowdry 2 days later.

We do a lot of brazilian blowdries (we buy 3 x 1tr bottles at a time) and we've learned the hard way that bleaching needs to be done before the service if the client's hair is previously coloured.

Hope this helps.

:)

Thank you so much for explaining this to me, I do however have clients who have bleach highlights inbeteeen Brazilian treatments with no problem but it's good to know and I appreciate ur comments I feel bad I proceeded with the Blowdry now knowing she wanted to correct her colour afterwards but condition just wouldn't of allowed prior :(

Latest posts

Back