Going darker with Wella Illumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsparker78

Reaction score
I'd like to get feedback about the % or volume used when taking hair darker with illumina. What have your results been using 6% (as some of the technical materials for the product suggests)? Has anyone done this on previously lightened hair?

What about pastel? Is this your go to developer strength for taking prelightened hair darker? Have you ever experienced color going darker than expected?

Does anyone use ct 1.9%? Is there any tangible difference between this and using pastel?

Does anyone in the states use 3%? Why?

As you can see, there are a lot of options!

Geez, no one?

Sorry i would've posted earlier only I didn't see this.

I've found when using 6% the tone has been off and its over-oxidised and gone darker.

Always perfect with pastel, i've used 1.9% when i've ran out of pastel and results were the same.

I like 4% when lowlighting though as i feel it just gives a little more stick and doesn't deposit as much tone so I wouldn't end up with grey using 8/69 if you know what i mean.

Thank you for that. I was thinking of trying the 6% but I'll stick with pastel. Thanks, cams.

I always use pastel I blooming love it :)

Pastel all the way [emoji7]

Latest posts

Back