Going from dark red to blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have dark red hair that I'm trying to fade (I never used permanents only temporary level 1 dyes).
I'm going to a salon to try and get my back to blonde and wondered if it would make any difference if I used a colour remover before hand? I normally use the rusk elimi8 colour corrector. Just think I'd rather try and get it lighter with a colour remover first instead of bleach.
Thanks

I'd use a colour eraser first a couple of days before going to a salon as if you have bleach straight on it, it may damage it a lot more as red takes a while to bleach out and you could end up an orangey colour. Erase and then see if they offer opalex or colorphlex to protect your hair when using bleach.

If you came to my salon with freshly stripped hair I'd send you away, let them do their job properly.

What's a level 1 colour? My guess is after the ginger issue recently you applied this yourself?

Have you considered how the process works to go from red to blonde? Are you aware of how many appointments it's going to take to go through the various ginger stages to get to blonde? If it's even possible now you've used a temporary level 1 red on your already porus hair?

Just found the other thread... You won't be blonde

If you use the Rusk Elimin8 make sure you rinse in very hot water for 5 minutes like a perm, to flush the dyes out, then shampoo 3 times with a clarifying shampoo. Make sure you do the 10vol test, if it reverts you NEED to do it again.
I would also do a Olaplex treatment to get your hair in better shape to then go to a salon and get it lightened, have them use Olaplex too in the lightener. Remember your hair will be raw underlying pigment, so inform them at a salon what you have done.

If you came to my salon with freshly stripped hair I'd send you away, let them do their job properly.

What's a level 1 colour? My guess is after the ginger issue recently you applied this yourself?

Have you considered how the process works to go from red to blonde? Are you aware of how many appointments it's going to take to go through the various ginger stages to get to blonde? If it's even possible now you've used a temporary level 1 red on your already porus hair?
Red -blonde = my worst night mare

Let the your stylist do it!! Even if you are a qualified colourist you will never be able to get an even coverage your self .. ( I am guilty of trying this [emoji37])

Latest posts

Back