Going into partnership???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tori23

Reaction score
hey guys just a quick question as i have searched and cant find what im looking for. im currently working in a salon full time the owner is also a beauty therapist. In a few months the owner is needing to reduce her hours - so she has asked me if i would like to become a partner in the salon (20/80 in her favour initially)- as when she reduces her hours it will mean me doing even more then i am doing now. does anyone else work in the salon in partnership? does anyone have any good/bad experiences to share??

thanks in advance x x

hey guys just a quick question as i have searched and cant find what im looking for. im currently working in a salon full time the owner is also a beauty therapist. In a few months the owner is needing to reduce her hours - so she has asked me if i would like to become a partner in the salon (20/80 in her favour initially)- as when she reduces her hours it will mean me doing even more then i am doing now. does anyone else work in the salon in partnership? does anyone have any good/bad experiences to share??

thanks in advance x x

Good god ... don't do it!! She wants to reduce her hours and take 80% .. is she having a laugh??

Let me save you allot of money and heart ache and give you the advice a partnersip lawyer gave to me when I was considering it. She told me that she disolved more partnerships than formed them and why?? For the simle reason that one partner always feels they are doing more than the other and becomes resentful - TRUE. She told us to go away for 1week and think carefully and if we had any doubts ... even one ... we should not consider forming a partnership.

We went away .. we both thought carefully .. we both had doubts ... and we both decided not to go ahead.

I have the biggest doubt just reading the deal .............. Don't do it.

That info cost me 200.00 ... I give it to you with my blessing.

thank you for the advice - this kind of backed up what i was thinking anyway!! i think she is thinking i will snap her hand off just so i can say i own my own salon. i will just stay her employee. thanks again x

20%-OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is really taking the mick!
I've seen people go into partnerships and honestly it really doesn't take long for them to start squabbling.
One is getting more clients, one is getting more money, one is not putting enough hours in, one is using more products, one is wasting products, one is using more milk! You end up squabbling over silly things.
It's her salon now and she will always think of it as her salon even if you go into partnership.
Equal partnership is 50/50 and she is only offering you 20% before you even start.
What a cheek!

All I can say is think very very carefuly before going into partnership with ANYBODY.

Wether it be your best friend, big sister,auntie,a person you have worked with for years or just joe blogs from down the road, you need to talk things through stright from the start,have a written contract but more imprtantly a very clear understanding between you of what you expect from the other.

As it's been said the simplest squabble or slightest feeling of resentment can build up to a mountain in no time.
My advice(for what it's worth :lol:)...DON'T DO IT!!!

This woman's taking the proverbial anyway :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back