Going platinum blonde from dark brown?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyz

Reaction score
Most hairdressers are hairdressers & not magicians. So many people ask me for this. It really isn't that simple unfortunately.

Most hairdressers are hairdressers & not magicians. So many people ask me for this. It really isn't that simple unfortunately.

I see, a few people have said it'd be achievable but not simple to do.
Any recommendations on what to do, the cost isn't really a factor so if it's something that's possible but would be high priced - that's fine.

Visit several salons and ask for a consultation and see what they recommend. I'm assuming that you've already got some hair dye on your hair, as this is what complicates matters.

If they're willing to see you immediately, without a skin test, AVOID as they're likely to cut corners elsewhere too.

Visit several salons and ask for a consultation and see what they recommend. I'm assuming that you've already got some hair dye on your hair, as this is what complicates matters.

If they're willing to see you immediately, without a skin test, AVOID as they're likely to cut corners elsewhere too.

Thank you, I will try this out!

It can be done in one session (given the best of scenarios) but sometimes, not always, it cannot, not always in a single process anyway, but what I recommend to you is if you find out you CANNOT get it done in one single day/session/sitting, don't fear, just wear a hat if you don't want to be seen with in-between coloured hair til your next appointment (if your hair is healthy you may be able to get it the following week if not too busy) and I recommend you ask your colourist to add Olaplex into the bleach if they have Olaplex *ask about it and what it does you'll be drawn to it as soon as they explain it haha!* and this may be able to help you get it done in 1 appointment! But it's up to the colourists judgement if they want to process you so far, but if you cannot get Olaplex I'd honestly not worry about the colour it is left, don't go to fast with your processes, the faster/quicker you try to achieve it the more damaging it will be towards your hair and scalp, and some damage can be irreparable and unsalvageable (hopefully not though, hopefully your colourist is sensible and advises you the correct way to make your goal a reality!)

If you do it in stages with your hairdresser *with his or her judgement* your hair will be very forgiving to you and I highly recommend you buy professional shampoo and conditioner if you don't already as this will truly and ultimately make your hair look the same way it does when you come out of a salon, drug-store shampoo and conditioner will only deteriorate the condition and quality of your hair :)

There's always a 'short cut' but it's not always the best way!!

It can be done in one session (given the best of scenarios) but sometimes, not always, it cannot, not always in a single process anyway, but what I recommend to you is if you find out you CANNOT get it done in one single day/session/sitting, don't fear, just wear a hat if you don't want to be seen with in-between coloured hair til your next appointment (if your hair is healthy you may be able to get it the following week if not too busy) and I recommend you ask your colourist to add Olaplex into the bleach if they have Olaplex *ask about it and what it does you'll be drawn to it as soon as they explain it haha!* and this may be able to help you get it done in 1 appointment! But it's up to the colourists judgement if they want to process you so far, but if you cannot get Olaplex I'd honestly not worry about the colour it is left, don't go to fast with your processes, the faster/quicker you try to achieve it the more damaging it will be towards your hair and scalp, and some damage can be irreparable and unsalvageable (hopefully not though, hopefully your colourist is sensible and advises you the correct way to make your goal a reality!)

If you do it in stages with your hairdresser *with his or her judgement* your hair will be very forgiving to you and I highly recommend you buy professional shampoo and conditioner if you don't already as this will truly and ultimately make your hair look the same way it does when you come out of a salon, drug-store shampoo and conditioner will only deteriorate the condition and quality of your hair :)

There's always a 'short cut' but it's not always the best way!!

Thank you very much, I'm going to take a look at some salons this week! I wonder how much it'll cost, not that it bothers me but interested to know.

Thank you very much, I'm going to take a look at some salons this week! I wonder how much it'll cost, not that it bothers me but interested to know.
From black to blonde I paid roughly £400.
£200 and something for the colour correction that got me to light brown
And then £70 each time for highlights I had 3 Sets of highlights done over time to go blonde so.

And then you had to keep paying for your roots and your need to buy good quality salon products to use on ur hair, I found blonde a on going cost
X

And that wasn't in a really high end salon or anything, when I had consultations that was always the rough price it was going to cost X

Latest posts

Back