Going the extra mile - what have you done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We charge phones as standard so no extra mile there but we have taken clients home when taxis have not turned up , and recently we have donated a whole days takings to the poor souls living in the Calais jungle i covered all wages and stock , i am very proud of that xxxx

This thread is unbearable to read......it's like a competition who is the most selfless!!

Like ALL threads on this site they are here for geeks to SHARE ideas & EXPERIENCES!! I find it actually reads quite funny, because I'm sure everyone has a chuckle as they can probably relate to most of it!! What a shame your so cynical that you can't see past the genuine meaning in which this thread was started!!

This thread is unbearable to read......it's like a competition who is the most selfless!!
Then don't read it - simple, no one is forcing you too lol

Yes it wasn't meant to be competitive ... I find it interesting and amusing to read what goes on!

Just remembered I've looked after a dog while client popped to tesco and printed off e-tickets and confirmation for a client whose printer broke :)

Going the extra mile for your customers shows you're appreciation for them and you really reap the benefits of running a kind business. Maybe you should try it.

Pmsl we have kids go pee in the salon n walk out with their pants down round their knees! Awkward much! I'm a parent myself tho so I just laugh my colleague tho who dosent have kids dosent know what the hell to do! Lmaoo

I drove an old lady client home from her appointment and then went in and helped her sort her emails out because she diddnt know how to forward one on... She's a medium too & does me little readings, probably my fave client lol

Oohhh. How cool. A medium!

I did a wedding recently and I helped pouring champs and then when the 4 month old baby was crying, fed her, I think in this industry it's nice to be nice!!

When working in this profession, building a natural rapport with your clients is vital.

So it's not really surprising that over time, you're more like a trusted friend than their hairdresser (or therapist).

I often end up being asked for basic legal advice or help with drafting a letter of complaint, stuff like that. I've also hung the washing out when waiting for a colour to process and entertained a toddler. Sometimes, I combine a service with a play date so my little boy is playing with his friends whilst the mum is getting her hair done. :p

Think the nasty clients from the other thread that say awful things need to have a read of this one to see how nice we all are!

Rolling my lady's stockings down past her catheter to do a pedicure and then carefully drying her feet and rolling her stockings back on before putting her shoes on for her. I love going the extra.

I all sorts of things including free healing sessions for those who really can't afford it. I give free gifts too, for regular clients, and ensure that I have at least 30 mins between each client in case they are running late. They always get their full treatment no matter what. The salon I worked at never offered this, and I always felt it was unfair.

Done trousers up. Drove them home. Plucked eye brows. (I only do hair and nails) put lotion on legs. Called hubby's to say they ready. Parked one ladies car she couldn't manage.
Oh the things we do lol

I have an elderly client I've driven home. I even bollocked the taxi driver for her when he tried to take advantage. Nobody messes with my clients!

One of my clients had chronic osteo-arthritis and she initially booked me for a 30min Indian head massage. What she really wanted though was someone to talk to - I used to travel 40mins each way to her house, I'd do the half hour treatment, and then I'd sit with her for anywhere from an hour to two hours chatting. being self employed, time was money, but I still did it, even knowing I always made a loss the day I was seeing her. She sadly died earlier this year.
It's funny isn't it, how people that start off as clients end up being called your friends. This is how it should be - it keeps my faith in humanity. [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back