What would you do? Long post!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really feel for you - what a horrible experience.

Writing it down on here sometimes makes you feel better though hey and you realise you did nothing wrong?

Don't take their custom again - what nightmares!

I'd comment on her pic saying
Something like aww you all look lovely. So she knows you've seen. x

If anyone brings their children, make them aware what you will do.

Put this on your leaflets or a sign up reading.

Please keep your children under close supervision, as this is meant to be a relaxing atmosphere for clients. Or this is my home. (Whichever it is)

Failure to do so will result in us giving them cans of Red Bull, Coke, Smarties, and anything else we can find that contains loads of E numbers and caffeine.

And as a leaving gift, their very own puppy!!

At a local pub with a play area in the beta garden they have a sign saying "children MUsT be supervised, any children found unsupervised will be fed E numbers and given a puppy to take home" lol

In all seriousness, a no children policy is prob a good idea

Xx

Fair enough she had "no credit" buy emailing Is free! And if she had an excuse of she doesn't have an email address I'd simply say it takes 2 mins to make one and send a picture over! How rude are some people, I'm the type of person to just say can you tell your Kids to sit down please as they're messing up my work stuff and home! I think a lot of people need to feel comfortable with standing their ground when need be.. Doesn't have to be nasty or rude just professional but I definitely think its a must! I couldn't let anyone treat my home like that at all and can understand why your hubby is annoyed! Anyway you definitely need to get the 'no children' notice up lol hope you don't have any more horrid clients like this xx

I personally would share this photo to my face book page, with the comment underneath stating from left to right who had what % tan and say; I may be biased because I tanned them, but I think they look lovely.
Then leave it a day before putting a new status up saying that your insurance company has changed your terms and conditions and you can no longer have anyone under the age of 16 in your home unless they are having a treatment themselves, so sorry for any inconvenience.
At least you used up some product before it went off and pulled a modest profit so not all bad:hug:

Definitely comment on the photo - nothing sarcastic, just something like
"looking good/nice and tanned there ladies" just so she knows you saw the photo!
I wouldn't have been able to not have said something! xx

aww that sounds like you had a tough time with those little horrors and well rid. I would like to put something like this on her facebook pics.

"looks like you had a great night on Saturday! Your new red and black dress goes great with your fabulous tan I gave you"!

If anyone brings their children, make them aware what you will do.

Put this on your leaflets or a sign up reading.

Please keep your children under close supervision, as this is meant to be a relaxing atmosphere for clients. Or this is my home. (Whichever it is)

Failure to do so will result in us giving them cans of Red Bull, Coke, Smarties, and anything else we can find that contains loads of E numbers and caffeine.

And as a leaving gift, their very own puppy!!

OMG I missed that comment. hilarious!!! lmao

Forgot to update so I'll do it now - she asked for another tan last week! I'm in no situation to turn away business, so i very reluctantly yes... but under the condition she brings no children with her this time!

Anyway she came, I said oh I see your pic of your last tan & it didn't look orange what so ever? I said it in a non intimadating way though.. She blushed for a second & said oh I scrubbed the orange patches off & touched it up with garnier tan (yeah ok! lol) I wasn't getting into a debate over it & she looked rather embarrassed, so i left it at that & took her money.

she text the day after her tan & said thanks I love it. & has booked again for tomorrow with 2 friends, So not a bad ending really. xx

Forgot to update so I'll do it now - she asked for another tan last week! I'm in no situation to turn away business, so i very reluctantly yes... but under the condition she brings no children with her this time!

Anyway she came, I said oh I see your pic of your last tan & it didn't look orange what so ever? I said it in a non intimadating way though.. She blushed for a second & said oh I scrubbed the orange patches off & touched it up with garnier tan (yeah ok! lol) I wasn't getting into a debate over it & she looked rather embarrassed, so i left it at that & took her money.

she text the day after her tan & said thanks I love it. & has booked again for tomorrow with 2 friends, So not a bad ending really. xx
Ah that's good and bet your pleased You had yr say (in a nice way) x x

She's been tagged in the photo's so I bet when she sees it she thinks sh*t!

I was going to comment & I do feel like doing it! but I want to remain proffesional so I'm having to sit on my hands right now! just annoys me.. I've shown my mum/sister & there raging for me lol.

Plus If I said anything she'd probably lie or something & say those photos are old ones etc.. but she told me she was wearing a red & black striped dress on Saturday night which she had bought on friday & that's what she had on in the photo + all the girls that came for a tan with her were all in the photos looking nice & brown so its proof that they are the photos taken after the tan ive done her. I could easily show her up... wish I could to be honest! lol x

I would retain your dignity and not post anything negative (although tempting and justified). No doubt you've worked hard to build up your business and I think people like her would take great pleasure in trashing your reputation but as you say, lessons learned and fully booked from now on when and if they call again.

The insurance excuse is always a good one to tell clients if they want to bring their kids for insurance purposes and maybe you could consider raising your prices slightly to avoid people that just want quick and cheap as I bet a high street salon wouldn't allow kids in there.

Best of luck.

Julie xxx

That's why I can't have children in my house because of health and safety and my insurance definitely doesn't cover me lol that's what I say. Sorry I wouldn't have children not that I don't like children but you just never know if they will be the kids from hell lol xxx

My so called friend done this to me :-( Made out it was my fault her hands were a mess which they were but 6 months later let it slip that she put on more fake tan on the day after she had been sprayed!! >:-|

Could have killed her when I realised c

My so called friend done this to me :-( Made out it was my fault her hands were a mess which they were but 6 months later let it slip that she put on more fake tan on the day after she had been sprayed!! >:-|

Could have killed her when I realised c

Charming!! Some friend :( x x

That's why I can't have children in my house because of health and safety and my insurance definitely doesn't cover me lol that's what I say. Sorry I wouldn't have children not that I don't like children but you just never know if they will be the kids from hell lol xxx[/QUOTE

I no what you mean I have a couple of friends who I dread coming over as my house is kayos and I feel like I've been on a spin cycle in the washing machine by the time they leave 😱. X

Oh babes, I dont offer spray tans, but I read your post and thought wow, someones had a worse week than me!!! poor you, especially as its at your house, and you had given them discount! why do some people have so little respect? As regards to dodgy tan girl, I would just text and say that she needs to come over asap so you can look at the tan, it sounds like she wont come and is just trying it on,
Breathe deep and vow never to take a booking from them again, then sip frequently from a large glass of wine.
xxxxxx
Good advice, Rose or Dry White? Your place or mine? LOL

To the OP that's good karma for how well you handled the situation xx kudos to you

Latest posts

Back