Going thru too much tan solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emzil16

Reaction score
Hi I seem to using far too much tan soloition , I have been tanning for around 8 months an still going thru 100-150ml per client which I know is treble than I should be but can't seem to figure out why, I'm using the maxi mist 5008(I think) and I have turned the dial right down as far as it goes , not spraying at beyond the client and was wondering if you have any suggestions.
My clients are happy with there tans but can't afford to be using so much soloition.
Thanks in advance

Do you always check your dial before each tan? I am mobile (so it may be why) but it can get knocked and change its position.
All I can think of is that you spray too slow, so although your dial is down low you would still use a lot of solution. Also, do you stand too far away, meaning you have too much overspray. I spray about 6-8 inches away from my clients.
hth's

Yeah checking m dial, I'm maybe far to far away , I stand a good step back, but this was where I was told when I trained but wi try closer next time

Im a trainer and in edinburgh, do you want to come to my salon with a model and your machine and let me see everything your doing and I can see where about I can help with you using less solution :hug:

If you turn the black dial at the back of your gun clockwise until it will turn no more the spray would be turned off and you will not be able to pull back the trigger at all. How far do you need to turn it to get it back to this point?

I mean if you dab a tiny spot of nail varnish or marker pen at what would be 12 o'clock when fully closed where is the dot when your spraying?

I turn mine from 12 anti-clockwise to about 7 (so a tiny turn - not even half a turn) and I'm using about 50ml per tan (that is still too much and I've been told ideally it should be set at about 8 to use aprox 35ml but I'm not confident enough to turn it down any further just yet).

And you should have the front of your gun about 6-8 inches away from the client no further back.

HTH

I turn the dial so that it's fully closed and turn it back ever so slightly that the triger only just pulls back so as little as I can get away with.
I think I'm too far back by ur responses
Karen rose thanks so much for ur kind offer, I know ur salon it's just 2 minutes away from where I live and saw u were doing training and was going to contact you about advanced training and if you cover 3 d tans in it but wanted to master my basics first coz I knew something wasn't t right, I'll try someone tomorrow much closer and see if that makes a difference. And if not I'll maybe take you up on it.
Like I said I am happy with the tan results an my clients are happy but from looking a threads know this amount of soloition is rediculous and costing me much more than needs be.

Aw nice one! Yeah try again tomorrow and if its still not working pm me and we can arrange for you to come in! :green: And I can give you some of the OMG samples to try also! x

Thanks , love this website for exactly these reasons , great help

Latest posts

Back