Goldwell Colorance Inquiry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buxom

Reaction score
Hi there,

Having some issues mastering the perfect formula for my desired level 4 brown hair. I am interested in switching from Schwarzkopf to Goldwell Colorance. My fellow mates can't seem to figure it out so we think perhaps the line we use at the salon isn't suiting me. Everything is RED, and it fades so incredibly red.

My hair naturally a level 6 very ashy, no grey, and for about 3 years I have been trying to master a rich, cool brown. While using a permanent Schwarzkopf formula for all this time no matter what it's all red toned.

This time, we tried a demi 4Natural and E-1 which is a very blue ash additive. It's okay at first, but it fades to red in no time.

Would Goldwell colorance 4PB and 5NA be an option for an ashy formula? Do I need a 4N to ensure it's not too muddy?

Thanks for your time and reviewing my post!

I should add that my hair is baby fine which is likely why the colour will not hold.

Why did u use a permanent schwarpskopf but want to try a colourance in goldwell? Did u try vibrance?

A 4nn should b fine in goldwell, what shampoo do u use at home?

Yes, vibrance was the demi we used 4-0 and E-1. And it looked okay, but very briefly faded out into red. The reason we tried that is because I have no gray, and there was no need to lift.
At the salon we thought maybe I should try another line, and that's why I am thinking I will give goldwell a go, as its been good in the past.

Using Kevin Murphy Angel wash/rinse

I haven't heared of that, use a specially formulated colour care shampoo (goldwell would be best if ur using their colour) and try a 4nn I believe it does come in colourance but if it dosent, use a permanent as it will cover any undertones of red as much as possible and give u a good bass to continue with colourance in future

Thanks, I appreciate your help. Kevin Murphy is a professional line. Unfortunately Goldwell doesn't have a shampoo/conditioner line in our city. But I certainly agree using a colour care line is imperative to maintaining colour.

Wait...! I am out to lunch. The absolutely sell Goldwell shamp/rinse here.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421792998.548089.jpgthis lot will be perfect :)

Are you familiar with Schwarzkopf colours? Have you found in your experience the line leaves behind more red pigments than other lines?

I am familiar but haven't worked with them regularly for a while, I diddnt really ever see that happen tbh no,
I colour my sister in laws hair a level 4, I use colorissimo 4.0 with 3% and it's gorgeous never had any underlying tone with that, where are u? Uk?

In Canada. You?

Uk, I don't think the colour I mentioned is available in the us, the goldwell stuff is tho for sure :)

Ah, okay. Well thank you for your time. Much appreciated!

Your Kevin Murphy shampoo/ cond that your using is ABSOLutly absolutely fine, I've just dine some education on the products as I'm changing to them x

Latest posts

Back