goldwell colour remover.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

housewife

Reaction score
hi am just wondering if anyone has used the goldwell colour remover . we used to use it at the salon i used to work in and everytime we reapplied a tint it always went back dark, we only ever put in highlights after.
was just wondering if anyone new how to stop the tint from going darker again?? many thanks.

i know with matrix after using colour remover u have to use a treatment called protopack cos after the colour is removed the hair is more pourus so it absorbs the colour more but if u put on the treatment after the colour removes it helps prevent this, ive never tried it myself but this is what matrix told us

The colour removers are supposed to shrink the colour molecules which mean they can then be washed out, so you need to wash the hair really well a few times to make sure you remove the molecules! If they arent washed out when you apply the new tint no matter what shade, the old molecules will expand again and that's why it goes back dark! You can just apply 6% peroxide to hair after you've done stage one and if the hair goes dark again you need to do stage one again as colour hasn't been removed!

Then when you apply your new tint use a shade or 2 lighter than than your target shade as it will always go darker than expected!

I normally use them to give abit of a boost before a bleach bath on v dark hair!

Sorry if ive rambled on, hope it all makes sense xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:
hi thank you so much for your reply. really appriciate it. i'm a bit confused about what u said about applyin 6% after to dry it out, i have read this before and didnt understand. do u mean just apply 6)% all over, then do u rinse it out sorry very confused thanks for helping:)

Hiya,

Sorry if that part didnt make sense. Yes you would apply the 6% to hair after youve done the first stage of the colour remover, washed it and dried it. If there are any colour molecules left in the hair then they will expand again with the 6 % and the hair will go back dark! So then you would need to wash the hair and dry again before reapplying stage 1 to remove the remaining colour!

I think that the main thing is to make sure you thoroughly wash the hair afew times after stage one with a clarifying shampoo to ensure you get the colour out from under the cuticle!

I rarely use a colour remover on its own purely because of the amount of time it takes faffing about to get it right :rolleyes: but they are brill for getting the hair to the orangey stage before bleach bathing, without too much damage!!!

Personally i didnt find the goldwell one very effective, but affinage do a really good one called eraser and rusk eliminate is quite good too (bigger bottles too) xXx

Last edited:
Hiya,

Sorry if that part didnt make sense. Yes you would apply the 6% to dry hair after youve done the first stage of the colour remover, washed it and dried it.

** whoops i should of put washed it and towel dried it**

xXx

Latest posts

Back