Goldwell silklift with Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsparker78

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using these two products in combination?

Mainly I'm concerned about using the intense conditioning serum and olaplex.

I know I've sort of posed this question before, but it wasn't ever specificly addressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll be testing it with Silk Lift next week, however I don't use the full amount that Olaplex says to use so I probably won't be of help. As for on scalps, I still don't want to up developers.

I've also wondered if the serum and Olaplex will work almost too well together and not lift enough. Obviously if you use the normal amount they say then you will up the developer.

When I test it on scalp, I'll probably cut back on some of the serum a bit.

Why would you need to use olaplex with silk lift anyway? The product is perfect just as it is? I think olaplex will be better used with all other brand bleaches & colours not silk lift

Kahuna, to answer your question, I'm just really, really curious. And you may be 100% right, but I have to try it.

Semaconde an amazing colourist uses both together and says it's amazing!

I'm constantly experimenting with lighteners. Especially creme lighteners for the past 6 months. This is the part of my job I live for. So of course I'm going to do my usual few drops and experiment with silk lift.

I'm using tomorrow. I'll be mixing according to the directions for both products using 6%. I'll tell the tale.

This client has had lightner applications twice previously. Once with blondor and pastel and once before that with low end powder bleach and ? % ,peroxide applied by someone else. She's a natural base 4.

Sounds good with the 6%.

I strand test on weekends if I have new lighteners. I was testing Olaplex with a new lightener today so I decided why not and see how it does with silk lift also.

Mixed a bit of silk lift with 3% and then added a few drops of Olaplex. Base 5 left on for an hour. Didn't lift it at all. Not even to an awful orange. However, and that's a big however, I didn't mix developer and lightener accordingly as silk lift has specific directions. Since I was doing such small sample tests, it was basically mixed to to my own liking. But you can't really do that with silk lift and I was only using 3%. Because it was such a small test, I did not add the serum with it.

Even though not a perfect test as it was so tiny, I definitly believe in bumping up the devloper with silk lift. Even for those like me who only decide to use a few drops.

I got good results. I got 3% results using 6% .with silklift powder serum, all mixed exactly by manufacturers instructions.
No swelling or any other adverse reactions.

The amazing thing was how strong the hair felt!

I also used olapex in the toner, wella illumina with pastel. She was still a base 9, so I used 9/60 straight. Developed for 15 minutes.

What really worried me was just rinsing the lighner before toning. But I have to admit, everything worked just as it should.

Didn't take any before. Seems I always forget. Here's after.

Attachments

• Chelsea after2.jpg
    Chelsea after2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Chelsea after.jpg
    Chelsea after.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 77
Amazing!!!!! Love reading this. Especially since it's with Silk Lift x.

Was it global or highlights? So obviously it lifted well to tone with a 9.

So great it worked as it should!!

Just seeing pics after I posted. Looks so fabulous!!

I'll have to strand test again but with 6% for on scalp to try a better lift.

Super happy it worked well! I LOVE seeing how well it worked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back