Silklift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsparker78

Reaction score
I used silklift for the first time Friday. Very impressed by the condition of the hair after lightening, the degree of lift, and the consistency at application, but I'm going to be using it for a global retouch soon and I am worried about it drying out. Does anyone uhm like say Kahuna, have any advice?

I usually use a cream bleach.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm well jealous!!

It really is amazing stuff!

Woo hoo! Congrats on your first taste of life in silk lane!! 🙋💆so as far as it drying out it's really not an issue, here's a pic of a root application I applied as normal left 10 mins then went through to check for any missed bits and it was all fine, equally as wet as when I applied it, it lifted perfectly too, I usually use schwarpskopf vario for on scalp which is really good so was a bit worried it wouldn't be as good, it was great tho! only downside was I had to scrape the bowl to finish the whole head out of 1 application worth (1scoop to 35ml developer) 2 lots would have been far too much in the bowl and I'm not brave enough to measure by eye when it comes to new products and at that price waste not I say! I diddnt cover with a cap I just let it develop in the air at room temp (prob a lot colder here than where u are!) I think it states in the instructions not to cover it too ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422373129.760021.jpg
As you can see there was minimal overlapping too which I normally panic over but it was in gorgeous condition afterwards!

Ty!

Every now and then it has dried out a bit on me. You can use a squirt bottle with warm water to spray if needed. I like to use a spray oil by Rene Furterer when lightener starts drying out. I've noticed every now and then even cream ones do.

Do you all know how to remix the Silk Lift if you only need a bit more? Because it has very special instructions as to the ratio, I often end up wasting some :Scared: I may experiment and mix like other lighteners and see how it lifts on a test strand.

Kahuna, that is just a lovely application. Swoon. Looks so pretty.

On the odd occasion I have had to mix a little extra I've just used the scales & devided the weight/ml, that was the 1'st on scalp I did (bit excited so I took a pic lol 🙈)

You guys are both non uk arnt you? Do you have issues with drying out because of the heat where u live?

Woo hoo! Congrats on your first taste of life in silk lane!! 🙋💆so as far as it drying out it's really not an issue, here's a pic of a root application I applied as normal left 10 mins then went through to check for any missed bits and it was all fine, equally as wet as when I applied it, it lifted perfectly too, I usually use schwarpskopf vario for on scalp which is really good so was a bit worried it wouldn't be as good, it was great tho! only downside was I had to scrape the bowl to finish the whole head out of 1 application worth (1scoop to 35ml developer) 2 lots would have been far too much in the bowl and I'm not brave enough to measure by eye when it comes to new products and at that price waste not I say! I diddnt cover with a cap I just let it develop in the air at room temp (prob a lot colder here than where u are!) I think it states in the instructions not to cover it too View attachment 81604
As you can see there was minimal overlapping too which I normally panic over but it was in gorgeous condition afterwards!

So precise. I love doing scalp bleaches, find them so therapeutic. For me obviously not the client... Hope you're a fan too😂

I'm in Houston, so it's.usually very humid. But we run the ac all the time, so that may cause products to dry out faster.

I have the opposite problem in the valleys of wales lol it's always freezing and I struggle to keep the shop warm at the mo so I always worry about colours/bleach not developing enough because of the cold!

What's the deal with the application pic? Don't u all section off like that? N yea cams very therapeutic ☺️and satisfying when the toner is spot on and tips fill the jar 😉 💰

I have the opposite problem in the valleys of wales lol it's always freezing and I struggle to keep the shop warm at the mo so I always worry about colours/bleach not developing enough because of the cold!

What's the deal with the application pic? Don't u all section off like that? N yea cams very therapeutic ☺️and satisfying when the toner is spot on and tips fill the jar 😉 💰

It just looks lovely and clean! Yes thats always a bonus... I do brickwork

Kahuna, yeah, I section mine off like that, but it never looks that neet!

Kahuna, thank you for sharing you knowledge of the product with us. I literally tried it because of you reccomendation.

I'm in the States and the times Silk Lift has dried out during winter when salon probably overly hot.

I section the you know what out of hair when doing on scalp and it never looks like this nice and tidy :green:

And yes, I love doing on scalp applications!

Have to agree with you TSparker for a lightener that's so caring, the lift is just as good as some powerful bleaches! I've used loads on scalp and never had problems either

Latest posts

Back