Good Advertising Tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi. I'm about to start up on my own mobile and renting a Room! I have always worked in Salons so this is all new. I had been out of the Industry for a lil while after having my Daughter. I need to promote my Business and attract new clients! Don't know where to start and the thought is actually starting to worry me thinking was it the right Decision lol. X

Hi. I'm about to start up on my own mobile and renting a Room! I have always worked in Salons so this is all new. I had been out of the Industry for a lil while after having my Daughter. I need to promote my Business and attract new clients! Don't know where to start and the thought is actually starting to worry me thinking was it the right Decision lol. X
Tiffany,

I also work from home and spent a lot of time on the internet and found loads of free sites that you can add your website to , business directories and sites where you can upload free ads..often lots of these sites rank quite high with Google or Bing...

Investing some time pays off in the long run, and its not always necessary to use paid ads.

Googles maps are free, and often adwords are good, and you can set a daily budget so you can control your cpc and the amount you want to spend each month.

If you dont have a web page / website.. then get one, its the best way to get your profile and your presence out there...get the right keywords in your site.

I was working part time from home and had another job, and left that earlier this year and have a busy business from a home studio... so it does work...

Good luck
Jack x

Ah thank you Jack really appreciate the advice will have a search on Google.

I to am currently working part time in a Salon, obviously regular money is a big thing. But really want to make a go of my own Business which I know will pay of in the long wrong!

Thanks again x

Good luck.. and drop me a line or Pm if you need any help getting started.. Jack x

Ah thank you Jack really appreciate the advice will have a search on Google.

I to am currently working part time in a Salon, obviously regular money is a big thing. But really want to make a go of my own Business which I know will pay of in the long wrong!

Thanks again x

preloved is free, your not really supposed to advertise business on there so need to word it carefully, i have had 1 booking from it so was worth doing.

as i always say there are many many threads on here about advertising - def do a search so you don't miss out on any info that could really help you! :D

also, look for the lynne thread - i'm sure it's in the first few pages on this part of the forum. it's full of fab ideas! it's all good and well having a list of ideas, but you've gotta push yourself and act on 'em! :D

there was also a thread the other week but i forget who posted it but it had some fab tips on - not really advertising but nice little touches like adding hot chocolate to your available refreshments and about changing your products around so that in the horrible yucky weather you'd have really rich, warm smelling products rather than the cool summer smells like citrus. it was a fab thread :D there are salons on every corner now a days so having some nice little touches will really set you apart i'm sure.

don't forget about using facebook too! :D

whatever advertising you do good luck!! :D x

Hi Guys thank you for your feed back much appreciated. Xx

Latest posts

Back