good luck to all those competing!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nikki said:
I'm gonna look up Olympia's phone number in a minute......the suspense is driving me mad :mad:

I have just had a look at another post that gives the itinerary for the comps and I noticed that the last one today, Fantasy, did not start until 4pm and lasts an hour. It then went on to say that the awards ceremony is tomorrow at 3.30 pm. Does that mean that they won't give the results until then or am I just being 'fair haired'???!!!!!! :biggrin:
Thats actually not a bad idea....does anybody have anybody elses number who may be there?

No joy Caz.....the switchboard closes at 5pm during events!!!! :sad:

I don't have anyone's number that would be there....well apart from Sassy and I think she would be on her way home by now.

I think we just have to sit tight and wait!!!! :irked:

Sorry guys Sassy and me are home now !!

You would not believe how quiet it was there today either ! it was even quieter than going on a monday !

Just gonna text someone thats there competing to see if they've heard yet

kx

Nikki said:
No joy Caz.....the switchboard closes at 5pm during events!!!! :sad:

I don't have anyone's number that would be there....well apart from Sassy and I think she would be on her way home by now.

I think we just have to sit tight and wait!!!! :irked:

inspirations said:
My poor kids are waiting for their bath!!!...come oooooonnnnn!!!
Same here! I'm going to have to empty half of it and refill with hot water in a minute!

Karren,Did you get a chance to check out the show`n`tell nail art?

Karren said:

You would not believe how quiet it was there today either ! it was even quieter than going on a monday !

Just gonna text someone thats there competing to see if they've heard yet

kx
I'm certainly sitting tight...my buttocks are clenched...good for muscles anyway, and pelvic floor...lol

My poor 4 year old daughter washed her own hair for the first time tonight...bless her..she only asked me to rinse the soap out incase she got it in her eyes. She is now waiting for her bedtime milk. My son has fell asleep waiting for his.....ooopps...lol

Nikki looks like you are right hun, just heard from Kate Rickeard and she says that results are tomorrow !!! poor things eh you think we've got it bad waiting for results, can only imagine how they are all feeling - bet they dont sleep too well tonight eh !

You can go bath your babies now girls ! lol

kx

Karren said:

kx

I knew it would be quiet.....blast, how good would that have been, not getting run over by Sassy and her trolley!!!!!!

I think this was just too close to Excel for many people to go...lack of funds etc (Just like me!! :sad: )

Karren said:
Nikki looks like you are right hun, just heard from Kate Rickeard and she says that results are tomorrow !!! poor things eh you think we've got it bad waiting for results, can only imagine how they are all feeling - bet they dont sleep too well tonight eh !

You can go bath your babies now girls ! lol

kx

How cruel is that????? Those poor competitors, they give their all and then have to wait til tomorrow. That's bad.

Anything to try and fill the place tomorrow eh?!!!!

OH POO...Thats not fair!! I wish I had gone now. I could have abused my plastic to get me there!!!

it was fab on that side of things Nikki - we managed to fill the trolley and have bags we couldnt fit in too !

Spent lots of time with Gigi got 3 of Sassys nails demo'd, bumped into Nicki Nailmania (on the Creative Pedi Station having a pedi by Marco ..... lucky lucky girl !! lol !) Mandine, Christine (nailcabin2) Lucia (scattyfox) and Debs - nice to see you guys

WELL DONE NICKI BY THE WAY FOR PASSING YOUR MASTERS HUN ! x

Poorly planned, two exhibs in london so close to each other, I can imagine the exhibitors will not be too pleased at all - dead as a dodo

Also strange that the competition area was open planned, ive not seen it like that before ? If i was competing (which will probably never happen ! lol) Id be so distracted and people watching all the time id forget what i was there for !!

well, fingers crossed for all the guys and galls competing - will have to be patient for tomorrow !

kx

Nikki said:
I knew it would be quiet.....blast, how good would that have been, not getting run over by Sassy and her trolley!!!!!!

I think this was just too close to Excel for many people to go...lack of funds etc (Just like me!! :sad: )

God was it really that quiet, wish i could've gone but nobody to go with. :sad:

Good luck to everyone who competed. Would never have the guts myself to enter.

What a funny old day!! The omens were good as we managed to park right outside Olympia for free, then we had to wait in the cold for 20 minutes, whilst we were waiting some bloke asked the girl in front of us with legs up to her armpits if she'd pose for a photo... Karren and I were mystified why he didn't ask us!!

But I felt so sorry for the organisers and the exhibitors, it was quieter than a quiet day in quietland. And what a bummer that there were no students to bash with my l'il blue trolley although I think Karren got withdrawal symptons as she didn't have hers and kept nicking mine (thanks for the hot choc too!)

Met up with Gigi and had a good old chin wag, what a lovely fun lady she is ... and change that piccie hun it does NOT do you justice (think you should change your name to Sassy Geegy!!)

Had a couple of demo nails done and didn't have to queue for ever to have then done which was fab.

Great to see Mandini, Lucia, Christine (you're one mad geek!), and Debs. Sorry that I missed you Clarebear mate, I looked out for you!

But the competition, my god I got nervous just watching never mind competing, especially with the likes of Ant Buckley and Tom Holcomb, but lovely to see so many competing from different countries, so good luck to one and all.

PLEASE tell me wot the nail art was like!!.I`ve entered but Alex had to enter mine as I couldn`t make today,I`m going tomorrow.

Daryl I didn't see it displayed anywhere, I'd love to have seen it. Only saw them doing tip and overlay and the fantasy comp. Do you know when they were judging it?

Sassy Hassy said:
Daryl I didn't see it displayed anywhere, I'd love to have seen it. Only saw them doing tip and overlay and the fantasy comp. Do you know when they were judging it?
Hi ya Sas,No I don`t know when they`re judging but the entries had to be in by 11am this morning and I thought that they were all gonna be displayed in a covered case!!.Knowing my luck they`ll have dropped mine!

Best of luck hun! Can you post piccies on here cos your nail art is truly amazing?

although it sounded quiet there, it also sounds like a good day was had by all....cheers sassy for the run down of the day hun, really would have liked to have met geeg.
instead i have been building dens :rolleyes:

talontedbitch said:
Hi ya Sas,No I don`t know when they`re judging but the entries had to be in by 11am this morning and I thought that they were all gonna be displayed in a covered case!!.Knowing my luck they`ll have dropped mine!
good luck daryl..............if its anything like the stuff on your site then....wow i bet their amazing

Sassy Hassy said:
What a funny old day!! The omens were good as we managed to park right outside Olympia for free, then we had to wait in the cold for 20 minutes, whilst we were waiting some bloke asked the girl in front of us with legs up to her armpits if she'd pose for a photo... Karren and I were mystified why he didn't ask us!!

I cannot believe that .....if I had been there I would have lent him my glasses!!!! (No good to me, always on TOP of my head!!!)

Sassy Hassy said:
But the competition, my god I got nervous just watching never mind competing, especially with the likes of Ant Buckley and Tom Holcomb, but lovely to see so many competing from different competitions, so good luck to one and all.

Sas, my legs have gone to jelly just reading it!!!!! Chicken suit is still fitting me....how about yours!!!!! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back